Aakash $35 Tablet Launched in India
Finally Indian Government released the $35 Tablet Aakash in India, The world Cheapest Tablet Aakash has been developed and manufactured by British-based company Datawind in association with IIT Rajasthan and NME-ICT.
The government says the device, called Aakash, which means sky, will initially be available in a pilot run of 100,000 units before being rolled out to millions of students over the next few months. The commercial version of the tablet, is expected be out within 60 days, of its launch on October 5.
Features and Specifications of Aakash Tablet:-
1. Processor: 366 Mhz. Connexant with Graphics accelerator and HD Video processor
2. Memory (RAM): 256MB RAM / Storage (Internal): 2GB Flash
3. Storage (External): 2GB to 32GB Supported
4. Peripherals (USB2.0 ports, number): 1 Standard USB port
5. Audio out: 3.5mm jack / Audio in: 3.5mm jack
6. Display and Resolution: 7″ display with 800×480 pixel resolution
7. Input Devices: Resistive touch screen
8. Connectivity and Networking: GPRS and WiFi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g
9. Power and Battery: Up to 180 minutes on battery. AC adapter 200-240 volt range.
1. OS: Android 2.2
2. Document Rendering
3. Supported Document formats: DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XLS, XLSX, ODT, ODP
4. PDF viewer, Text editor
5. Multimedia and Image Display
6. Image viewer supported formats: PNG, JPG, BMP and GIF
7. Supported audio formats: MP3, AAC, AC3, WAV, WMA
8. Supported video formats: MPEG2, MPEG4, AVI, FLV
9. Communication and Internet
11. Separate application for online YouTube video
Subscribe on Youtube