If you are the OnePlus 2 Phone user and want to test the Android 7.0 on your phone. Here is the Good news for you, now you can flash the Unofficial CM14 for OnePlus 2. CyanogenMod 14 for OnePlus 2 is now available for the download and it’s based on the latest version of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android 7.0 Nougat is officially released for the Nexus phone. Now some of the Developer are also working on the Android 7.0 Nougat custom ROMS. And now AOSP 7.0 Nougat CM14 ROM for OnePlus 2 is available, and all credit goes to the XDA developer Seraph08 to post the Unofficial CM14 for OnePlus 2.
To flash the CM 14 Android 7.0 Unofficial Custom ROM on your Oneplus 2 phone all you need the latest Custom TWRP recovery and two zip files (CM14 Full ROM and Google Apps Zip file). The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build for OnePlus 2 and has some bug; we tested this ROM on our Oneplus 2, but t works like a charm for us and everything are smooth. The CM14 Android Nougat for OnePlus 2 brings Nougat features to your device. Download Unofficial CM14 for OnePlus 2 from below.
The guide is only for the OnePlus 2 users and don’t follow this guide on any other smartphones. Read all the steps carefully and do take the backup of your Oneplus 2 phone files. Warning: Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process.
How to Install CM14 for OnePlus 2
Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to flash all the zip file on your phone. Below you can find all the download files. Save them on your phone’s internal memory. And as we mention above to get started you need the phone with TWRP recovery. Read here how to install the latest TWRP recovery on Oneplus 2 and after that follow the below mention guide.
1. Download CM14 Full ROM
CM14 Full ROM is based on the most recent version of Android 7.0 Nougat. Download the zip file and save the zip file on your Oneplus 2 phone and remember the location of the file. You need to flash this zip file with the help of TWRP.
2. Download Gapps Zip file
To install the latest Google app on the CM 14 ROM, you have to flash the latest Gapps zip file on your phone, Download the zip file save the file on your phone. Make your you download ARM 64 version Gapps Zip file.
3. Update OnePlus 2 with CM14
1. Once ROM zip file and Gapps Zip file are saved on your phone. Boot your phone in TWRP mode. Press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button” to boot OnePlus 2 in TWRP recovery mode.
2. [OPTIONAL] Take the Nandroid backup of your system, If something goes wrong during the flash process, you can quickly restore the previous system on your phone. To do this Tap on Backup and take the backup of your system.
3. Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe > and Swipe to Factory Reset.
4. Now to flash the CM14 ROM. Tap on the Install option and locate the CM14 ROM zip file that you saved on your phone in steps 1. & swipe to Install the ROM file
5. Once the ROM is successfully flashed, go back and Install the Gapps Zip file to install all Google application on your phone.
6. Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
Now your phone will reboot and the first boot will take some time near about 10 to 12 minutes to make some changes on your phone.
For more info check out the video Guide below.
Direct Link to Youtube Video
That’s it! Now your Oneplus 2 phone is running on the CM14 Android 7.0 Unofficial Custom ROM. Let us know if you have any questions via comments below.