From last few day we are receiving lots of Question like that “Am not able to Flash MIUI 8 Fastboot ROM with MI Flash Tool”, “MI Flash Tool is not working” and “Some Error in MI Flash Tool” and lots of other errors while flashing the MIUI 7 or MIUI 8 Fastboot ROM Xiaomi Android smartphones. So I got a 100% solution for those guys who is facing these type of errors while flashing the Fastboot MIUI ROM.
This guide will work on all Xiaomi phone whether its bootloader is locked or unlocked. We tested this method on Our Mi4 and Redmi Note 3 and without any problem it works. With this method, you can quickly flash the MIUI 7 or MIUI 8 Fastboot ROM on any xiaomi phones. All you need to install ADB drivers, Fastboot ROM, and some common sense :).
Before following the below mention guide do take the full backup of your phone. And read all the steps very carefully and follow all the steps one by one on your PC. So without wasting your time lets get started. Warning: Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process.
Flash MIUI 8 Fastboot ROM
To get started, you need some file and drivers on your PC. Below are links from there you can download and install the Drivers.
Download the latest Fastboot ROM for your Device. – http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
Drivers for your Device. Just install Mi PC Suite for it. You can get it from here: – http://pcsuite.mi.com/
ADB and Fastboot Installed on your PC. You can get it from here – Download here
Once the ABD and Fastboot drivers are installed, you will see fastboot/ADB folder on your C drive (C:\adb). Remember this location.
Flash Fastboot ROM through Command Prompt
1. Extract the MIUI Fastboot ROM .tar file that you downloaded from above. Again Extract the file you extracted until you get folder as shown in the image below.
2. Now open the images folder and select all and copy paste the files to ADB Folder in C:\ADB (The same folder that you created above while installing ADB and Fastboot Drivers).
3. Now Switch off your device. Boot your phone into Fastboot Mode by Pressing Volume Down + Power button at the same time.
4. Connect your phone to PC with USB cable.
5. Open the ADB folder, and Hold Shift + Right click to Open Command window here.
6. At this time your phone is connected, and the fastboot mode is on. Type fastboot devices to check the devices is connected securely. If it is, it will show like this.
7. Then Execute in the following commands one by one.
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
8. If you wanna completely erase user data and make your device as a newly bought device execute the following commands after the above four commands.
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
9. All done now reboot by executing the following command.
10. Your device will now reboot and should be completely back to MIUI stock as well as be unrooted.
Video – Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi Phone Without Mi Flash Tool
So with this you can easily flash the MIUI 8 or MIUI 7 Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi Phone Without Mi Flash Tool