Want to Root your Android Phone, Unlock Bootloader of Android or want to install Custom ROM, then you need to install ADB and Fastboot on Windows. So here in this guide we will explain you what and ADB and Fastboot Drivers and how to install ADB and Fastboot on Windows. Both these tools are very useful for modding and tweaking Android devices. Without these drivers, you can’t send terminal commands to an Android device. In this post we will discuss What is ADB, What is fastboot and how to install the same on your Windows PC.
What is ADB?
ADB means Android Debug Bridge. A small tool which allows you to send terminal commands to your Android phone from your Windows computer via USB. In simple words we can say that you Cna use ADB commands to roots your phone, unlock, flashing new ROMs, install latest update and more.
What is Fastboot?
Like ADB, fastboot is also an important tool for the Android devices. With the help of this tool, you can easily modify the Android file system from a computer. This will send commands to the bootloader, which means you can flash/modify things like custom recoveries, unlock bootloaders, modify bootloaders, install Custom recovery and all.
Both of these tools come with the Android SDK. And most of the user’s don;t know how to setup these drivers on the Windows PC. But don’t worry one of the XDA member released a new application which will help you to install the ADB and Fastboot On Windows In 15 SECONDS. So let us take a look how to setup them and how it works.
Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on Windows
If the above version doesn’t work well, try ADB installer v1.3 instead.
1. Download the ADB and Fastboot drivers setup file from the above mention link and save it on your windows desktop.
2. After that Double-click/Run the adb-setup.exe file. Now you will see a command prompt window with the blue background. Type ‘Y’ to install the ADB and fastboot driver.
3. Now this will install all the ADB and fastboot drivers on your PC.
4. Now type ‘Y’ again to install your device driver. Now a new setup window will open on your desktop. Click “NEXT” to it, and this will install all the driver necessary file on your PC.
5. This will take few seconds to install device drivers, and after that, you will see a message on your screen that “Google Inc Ready to use.”
6. Now the ADB files and drivers are successfully installed on your PC. And you can see the ADB folder on your Windows C Drive (C:/ADB).
To check that ADB and Fastboot drivers are working fine on your Windows PC/ Open the ADB folder on C drive and hold the shift key and press right click and launched the command prompt windows on your desktop.
Connect your Phone to the PC with USB cable and type ‘adb devices’ in the command window. It will show you the list of devices connected.
That’s it! Now you’ll have a working ADB and Fastboot setup on your Windows PC. If you have any doubts, comment below.