Scan Facebook Suspicious Links & Users With Norton Safe Web
Some months back we covered the articles that How to secure your Facebook account and Tips to Avoid Facebook Scams, today here we found a new app which help you to scan Facebook for suspicious links and users. Norton Safe Web is a Facebook app that scans your current news feeds to see if they contain links that are unsafe for you or your friends to click on. It free and easy to use.
According to Norton, the app will scan the Facebook feed and let you know which URLs containing security risks such as phishing sites, malicious downloads, browser exploits and links to unsafe external sites. The scan will also look up the full URL for each shortened URL (such as bit.ly and tinyURL) and check its site rating.
Here’s how to use Norton Safe Web Facebook App.
1. Login to your Facebook Account, Go to this link and open Norton Safe Web app https://apps.facebook.com/nortonsafeweb/
2. Authorize permission for the Norton app to scan your account.
3. Now it will ask you to to access your News Feed and Wall. Click the link and new pop windows come on the screen, Authorize it also.
4. Now the app will take some time to scan your Facebook feed.
5. After the scaaning of your facebook account, the results for all links in your timeline will be shown on the next page that loads. Here you can see the Scan Results fo your facebook account. NOTE:– Also enable Norton Websafe’s auto-scan if you want all new links on your wall to be checked for suspicious activity. Click Enable Auto-scan button and Allow the app permission.
This is a free web service for Facebook, which help you to secure your account from scams and malicious links, So try it and Don’t forget to like us for more tips. Click on the “Like” button below to get started!