Finally, the wait is over now OnePlus x user enjoys the latest Android 6 Marshmallow on their phone. Official OxygenOS 3.1.2 Marshmallow update is now released. The new OnePlus X Marshmallow Update comes with lots of new features and fixes like launcher upgrade, UX update, icon packs, Google search bar, new Music Player, OnePlus Gallery, etc. The OTA update of this new update is already rolled out and most of the user already updated their OnePlus X with Android 6 Marshmallow update.
To check the OTA update on your phone go to the Settings > About phone and Check system update. From here you can update your phone with OxygenOS 3.1.2. If you can’t see any update your phone, then you have to flash the same manually on your phone. Here is this post we will explain how to apply this new OxygenOS 3.1.2 Android 6 Marshmallow update on Oneplus X. This one is the stable version and not the beat or community build.
Before following the below mention guide do take the full backup of your phone, and this guide is only for the Oneplus X users. So don’t apply this method on any other Oneplus phone. So lets started and update Oneplus X with the OxygenOS 3.1.2 Android 6 Marshmallow.
OxygenOS 3.1.2 Android 6 Marshmallow Highlights
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Launcher upgrades
- New icon packs
- Google search bar UI customization
- New wallpaper picker
- Shelf UX improvements
- Long press boards to rearrange or remove
- General system performance improvement
- Settings changes
- New (native Android) app permissions
- Alert Slider settings with more customization options
- New apps
- OnePlus Music Player
- OnePlus Gallery
- Implemented October Android security patches
- General bug fixes
Install OxygenOS 3.1.2 for OnePlus X
With this method, you can install the OxygenOS 3.1.2 Full ROM on your Phone. Works on both rooted and non-rooted phone. All you have to flash one zip file on your phone with the help of recovery.
Download OxygenOS 3.1.2 for OnePlus X
Download the latest version of the OxygenOS 3.1.2 from the below mention like and save the file on your phone’s internal memory.
OxygenOS 3.1.2 full ROM zip file – Download here
Steps to Flash OxygenOS 3.1.2
1) Download the OxygenOS 3.1.2 Zip file from the above mention link and save it in your phone
2) Turn off your phone and Boot into the Recovery mode. To do this press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button.”
3) Once you are in the recovery mode. Wipe data and cache.
4) Now choose Install from local / Install from SD.
5) And now locate the Full ROM zip file that you saved on your phone and select the Zip and Click on Install to start the process.
6) Now the flashing process will begin on your device, wait until the installation complete and then Reboot your device.
Enjoy OxygenOS 3.1.2 Android 6 Marshmallow on your phone. If you have any doubts, comment below.