As most of the Android guys know that Xiaomi phone runs on the MIUI user interface. And MIUI is based on the Android operating system and used in all the Smartphones and tablets from Xiaomi. These Days Xiaomi phone are selling like hotcakes. So here today we came up with a new guide in which we are sharing some of the best MIUI 8 Tips and Tricks for the Xiaomi phone users. Most of these MIUI 8 tips are new, and many of Mi phone lovers don’t know these tips. With these Simple Xiaomi Tips and tricks and you can do lots of tasks easily on your MIUI phone. These tips will work on any Xiaomi phone which is running on the MIUI; We tested these tips on Our Redmi Note 4 and Redmi Note 3 and all of them working fine.
All these tips will work on any MIUI 8 ROM, whether ist Global, Chinese, Developer or Beta ROM. So without wasting your time, let’s get started and learn these new MIUI tips. Try all of them one by one on your phone and let use know which one you like most.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best MIUI 8 Tips for Xiaomi Phone Users
- 1.1 1.Run Dual Apps like Whatsapp and Instagram
- 1.2 2. Record All Calls on MIUI phone
- 1.3 3. Take Long screen shot on MIUI Phone
- 1.4 4. Shake to arrange icons on your Home screen
- 1.5 5. Flip your phone to silence the Ringer
- 1.6 6. App Lock
- 1.7 7. Second Space
- 1.8 8. Quick Ball feature
- 1.9 9. Mi Mover to transfer data
- 1.10 10. Automated task on Your phone
- 1.11 11. Control TV, ACs, DVD Player with MI remote
- 1.12 12. Use Fingerprint Sensor to take Selfies
- 1.13 13. Clean unwanted files with Deep Clean
- 1.14 14. Customize Navigation Button
- 1.15 15. Launch Camera App Quickly
- 1.16 16. Pocket mode
- 1.17 17. Change Notifiaction Colors
- 1.18 18. Disable the navigation buttons while playing games
- 1.19 19. Double tap screen to wake
- 1.20 20. Transfer file between your phone and computer using FTP Do you know that MIUI 8 has inbuilt FTP feature to transfer files. Open the Explorer app. On the Categories tab, tap FTP > Start server. Once the FTP server is started, you can use an FTP client on your computer, for transfer your files. 21. Remove an alarm automatically
- 1.21 22. Add Lock toggle button on Screen
- 1.22 23. Use your phone with one hand
- 1.23 24. Flash alert when ringing
- 1.24 25. Hide your Files
- 1.25 26. Block incoming calls
- 2 Video Guide of the MIUI 8 Tips and tricks
Best MIUI 8 Tips for Xiaomi Phone Users
1.Run Dual Apps like Whatsapp and Instagram
Looking for a way to run two Whatsapp Account or Facebook account on your MIUI phone. Yes, you can do this easily with Dual App feature. Where you can create two accounts on the same device.
To enable this, go to Settings > Dual Apps and select the apps for which you want to make another account.
2. Record All Calls on MIUI phone
Do you know that You MIUI phone has the inbuilt feature to record call Automatically? All you have to enable this feature in your phone settings. Go to your phone settings and search ‘call recording’ in setting search bar. Tap on “Record calls automatically”.
You also have an option to record all numbers and selected numbers.
3. Take Long screen shot on MIUI Phone
Sometimes you need to take a Long Screen of any web page. You can also do this easily on your phone. First, take a screen shot by pressing Volume down + power button. Now open it from top corner and tap on the scroll option at the bottom and scroll down to take a long screenshot.
4. Shake to arrange icons on your Home screen
Now you can arrange icons in a row on your screen with a shake. Tap & hold in the empty field of your home screen. Shake your phone & see the magic.
5. Flip your phone to silence the Ringer
Another awesome feature to silent your phone. To enable this go to dialer >menu >incoming call settings >enable ‘Flip to silence ringer.’
6. App Lock
You can easily lock any application on your phone with this feature. To enable this Go to security app> tap on ”app lock” it will ask you pattern or pass. Now select the application which you want to lock on your MIUI phone.
7. Second Space
This is one of the main features which was introduced by Xiaomi with the MIUI 8, and it is called the Second Space. It allows you to create a private profile separately within your device.
You can use this as your private work profile when you are at work, etc. Go to setting >Second Space
Once you turn on this feature, it will ask you to set a new password for your private space.
This way you quickly secure your data on the go, and you don’t have to worry about anyone else getting hands on them.
Once the second space has been created, an icon will pop up on your home screen for which you can switch back.
8. Quick Ball feature
Another Cool Feature on MIUI 8 phones. Go to Settings > Additional Settings > Quick ball > Turn on quick ball.
Also, you can customize the option as your need.
9. Mi Mover to transfer data
With this feature, you can move contacts, messages, photos, music, videos, documents, installed apps, and other data to Other Xiaomi phone.
10. Automated task on Your phone
Open security app on your phone and in tools tab Tap on ”Automated task” You can simply enable that feature as you want.
You can also add more task by using ” + ” button.
11. Control TV, ACs, DVD Player with MI remote
One of my fav application in the Xiaomi phone. No need to carry all you remotes. You can add all your remotes in this simple app. With this Mi remote app, you can configure almost any TV, A/V receiver, DVD player, AC, Set-top box, Projector or Camera.
12. Use Fingerprint Sensor to take Selfies
Sometimes it impossible to take best selfies with one hand, you need to stretch your thumb to press the capture button. Now yuou can take selfies easily by using the back fingerprint sensor on your phone. No need to make any change on your phone it works out of the box.
It works with any finger you tap on the sensor, not just with those configured.
13. Clean unwanted files with Deep Clean
Clear unimportant data from apps and all unwanted files with one click. For using this feature open security app and click on ” Deep Clean ” option.
In MIUI 8 you can customize the navigation button as per your need. And change the settings and layout of the buttons. You can find all these options by going to Settings> Additional Settings> Buttons.
15. Launch Camera App Quickly
You can launch the camera app on your phone with the help of Volume button. To enable this option go to Settings> Lock screen & password and enable the Launch camera option.
16. Pocket mode
Turn on Pocket mode to stop answering or rejecting calls accidentally when your phone is in your pocket.
Settings> Lock screen & password >advance setting
Turn on pocket mode.
17. Change Notifiaction Colors
Another amazing feature in MIUI 8 phone. You can change the notification LED colors on your phone. Go to Settings, tap Additional Settings > Notification light.
Here, you can set a different light color for normal, call and message notifications.
Want to disable the navigation buttons temporarily while playing games? Open the Toggle panel from the top of the screen.
Tap in >> Buttons << to disable or enable the navigation buttons. If you can find Buttons on the Toggle panel, go to the device’s Settings > Notifications & status bar > Toggle positions, then tap and drag the Buttons toggle above the active bar.
19. Double tap screen to wake
Recently MIUI team added this new feature on most of the phones. To enable this feature go to your device Settings>tap on Display>Turn on Double tap screen to wake.