Last week Google released the Android 9.0 Pie for the Google pixel phones. After that many Developers started working on the AOSP ROMs. And now the Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM is finally released for the Xiaomi Mi A1 phone. Which means that now you can Install Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM on MI A1. Few days we posted a method to run the Android 9 on Mi a1, but in that method, you have to flash lots of files like Vendor.img, System.img and other fixes. But the new method is easy and all you have to flash the Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM on MI A1 and you are done. Mi a1 is not only the first phone which gets the Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM. Redmi note 5 pro and Redmi note 4 also received the Android 9.
If you are the user of Mi A1 Android phone and want to install the Android 9 on your phone, then here is a complete tutorial which you can follow on your phone and download Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM on MI A1. The process is simple and all it takes 5 to 10 minutes to complete the whole process. To get started all you need a Mi a1 phone with unlocked bootloader and Custom TWRP recovery installed. We tested this Android pie ROM on our phone and everything works smooth. So without wasting the time lets get started and Install Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM on MI A1.
This process will delte all the data form the phone. So do take the full backup of your files and save it in some safe place. Be sure to follow the installation instructions carefully as performing steps out-of-order can cause problems.
Android Pie AOSP ROM on MI A1
Warning: Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking the bootloader.
This guide is only for the Mi A1 users and doesn’t apply this guide on any other xiaomi phones. And before following this guide do take the full backup of your phone.
Download File to Install Android Pie
Save both the zip files on your phones internal memory.
Pre-Requirements to Install Android 9
1. Make sure the bootloader of your phone is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a TWRP custom recovery installed.
2. Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
3. Do take the backup of your Mi A1.
Whats Working on Android P Mi a1
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
Guide to install Android Pie On Mi A1
1. Download the Android Pie and other files from the Download section and save all the files on your phone’s internal memory.
2. Once all the files are saved on your device.
3. Boot your phone in TWRP recovery mode. to do this first turn off your phone. Now hold down the Volume UP + Power button to boot your phone in TWRP mode.
4. Once you are in the TWRP mode. From here Tap on the WIPE option.
5. Now Tap on the Advanced Wipe > select Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data and Swipe to wipe from the below of the screen.
6. Once completed, go back to the HOME page of TWRP and tap on the Install Button. And located the Android 9 ROM file and select it.
7. Now form the next page. Swipe to Confirm Flash.
8. Once the File is successfully flashed on your phone.Go to Wipe > Format Data and Type Yes. Reboot
9. Now your phone will reboot and the first boot will take some time.
Now Android Pie is installed on your Mi A1 phone. If you have any question and facing some problem during this process then, leave the comments below.
If you want to install G cam check this guide and to install the google camera on your phone follow this process.
Video:- Install Android 9 PIE AOSP ROM on MI A1 [STABLE]
Direct Link to YouTibe videoSo with these simple steps, you can easily install Android pie full rom on your redmi note 5 pro phone. If you need some help or stuck with some problem, you can always contact us below in the comments
Via – XDA