Good news for the Exynos Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge users, Official Android Oreo is released and rolled out yesterday. Currently, the update is rolled out to the BTU CSC (Country Specific Code), which means the OREO update is available for the United Kingdom unlocked version. Don’t worry you can get this update on other regions too, all credit goes to the XDA member who created the TWRP backup of this new Android OREO update which you can use on your phone and install the Android Oreo For Exynos Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.
The new Android Oreo update comes with lots of new feature like picture-in-picture mode, notification channels, background app optimizations, notification snoozing, and more. Afer the release of Android 8 OREO for Galaxy S8/S8+ (Exynos), Galaxy S8/S8+ [Snapdragon variants] now the official update is also available for the Exynos Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge. If you are the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge user and want to update your phone with this new update. Then here is the full guide which you can use and Download Android Oreo For Exynos Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.
To apply this update on your phone you have to unlock the bootloader of Galaxy S7/S7 Edge and install the TWRP custom Recovery to flash this Android 8 OREO update. Below is the full guide to installing the Official Stock ROM on your phone. But before that do take the backup of your Samsung Android phone. This process will wipe your data, so you can easily restore your data from the Backup files. So let’s get started the and flash the Android Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge with the TWRP recovery.
Install Android Oreo on the Exynos Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
This guide is only for the Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge users and don’t apply this method to any other Samsung devices otherwise, you will brick your phone. Read all the steps very carefully and follow all the steps one by one on your phone.
Warning: Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking the bootloader.
Download Files to Install Android Oreo On Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
- Download TWRP for Exynos Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge here and save the file on your desktop.
- Download the Latest ODIN tool here to flash the TWRP on your phone.
- Download the latest Samsung USB drivers here.
- Download Magisk Root File here on your desktop.
- Download the latest dm-verity and force encryption disabler zip on your computer.
- System restore files for the Galaxy S7
- Galaxy S7 Oreo Boot Image
- System restore files for the Galaxy S7 Edge
How to install TWRP on Your Samsung Phone
1. Go to Settings and then About Device. Click on Build Number 7 times to enable Developer Options. Go to Developer Options and enable USB debugging and OEM unlock settings.
2. Now Open the ODIN folder from your desktop and run the ODIN exe file on your PC.
3. Boot your phone in Download Mode. To do this first turn off your phone. Hold [VOLUME DOWN] + [BIXBY] + [POWER] for approx. 15 seconds. Read the warning carefully. If you agree, press [VOLUME UP] to get into Download mode.
4. Connect your phone to the PC With USB cable.
5. Open Odin and select the AP tab and select the TWRP files for your device.
6. Now hit the Start button on the ODIN app to install the TWRP on your Galaxy Phone.
7. Once completed your phone will reboot. And the TWRP custom reocvery is succefully installed on your device.
How to Install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge with TWRP
1. Download the System restore files for your phone from the download section and unzip the folder. Save the Unzipped folder on your phone’s internal memory.
2. Save the Magisk Manager zip file and dm-verity and force encryption disabler zip file on the phone.
3. Now boot your phone in TWRP recovery mode. Hold [VOLUME UP] + [BIXBY] + [POWER] on your phone on boot your phone in TWRP mode.
4. Once your are in the TWRP recovery. Select restore then the files you extracted onto your phone.
5. Once completed go back to the Home menu of TWRP.
6. S7 Edge users, ignore this step. S7 users, flash the S7oreoboot.zip, no-verify-opt-encrypt-6.0, and Magisk v16.4.
7. S7 Edge users flash no-verify-opt-encrypt-6.0 and Magisk v16.4.
8. Once the files are flashed on your phone. Select wipe cache/dalvik.
9. Now go back to the home screen of TWRP and select wipe. Slide the bar at the bottom that says “Swipe for Factory Reset.” This will erase your data, but if you do not do this, your phone will not boot properly. Then once it is done, click reboot system.
Thats’s it! Now your Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge is running on the latest Android 8 OREO and rooted also. If you have any question on your mind or facing some problem this guide, then leave the comments below. We will help you to fix it up.
Via – XDA