Redmi Note 4 is one of the most popular phones of Xaiomi mobiles and most of the Redmi note 4 users want to install the Android Pie on their phones. If you are the Redmi Note 4 user then here is a good news for your now you can install the Android P 9 on your smartphone. All you have to flash the full ROM on your phone with Google apps and you are done. All credit goes to the XDA developer abhishek987 for creating this Aosp 9.0 stable ROM for the Redmi Note 4. Redmi Note 4 which comes with 5.5-inch FHD display, Snapdragon 625, 4,100 mAh battery, 3/4GB RAM can now run on the latest Android 9.0. This is a Custom ROM and all the features of Android P are working fine on the phone.
A few weeks back Google released the Android P official of the Pixel phones and after that many developers released the Android Pie for Redmi Note 5 pro, Xiaomi Mi a1, and other devices. Now Redmi Note 4 is also in the list of Android P. To install this Android P rom on the Redmi Note 4, your phone bootloader will be unlocked and TWRP should be installed. Without custom TWRP recovery you can’t able to install this rom on your redmi note 4. So here in this guide, we will show you how to Download Android Pie (Android 9) for Redmi Note 4.
If you are interested in installing this Android Pie port on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, then check out the below mention guide. Be sure to follow the installation instructions carefully as performing steps out-of-order can cause problems.
Table of Contents
Android Pie (Android 9) for Redmi Note 4
Warning: Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking the bootloader.
This guide is only for the Redmi Note 4 users and doesn’t apply this guide on any other xiaomi phones. And before following this guide do take the full backup of your phone.
Download File to Install Android Pie
Save both the zip files on your phones internal memory.
Pre-Requirements to Install Android 9
1. Make sure the bootloader of your phone is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a TWRP custom recovery installed.
2. Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
3. Do take the backup of your Redmi Note 4.
Screenshot of Android P on Redmi Note 4
Guide to install Android P On Redmi Note 4
1. Download the Android Pie and other files from the Download section and save all the files on your phone’s internal memory.
2. Once all the files are saved on your device.
3. Boot your phone in TWRP recovery mode. to do this first turn off your phone. Now hold down the Volume UP + Power button to boot your phone in TWRP mode.
4. Once you are in the TWRP mode. From here Tap on the WIPE option.
5. Now Tap on the Advanced Wipe > select Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data and Swipe to wipe from the below of the screen.
6. Once completed, go back to the HOME page of TWRP and tap on the InstallButton. And located the Android 9 ROM file and select it.
7. Now form the next page. Swipe to Confirm Flash.
8. Once the File is successfully flashed on your phone. Now flash Gapps file.
9. Once all the files are successfully flashed on your device. Reboot system.
10. Now your phone will reboot and the first boot will take some time.
Now Android Pie is installed on your Redmi Note 4 phone. If you have any question and facing some problem during this process then, leave the comments below.