Finally, the Android Pie AOSP ROM is released for the Redmi note 5 pro devices. Yes, now no need to flash all those Vendor and GSI file to install the Android 9 pie on your Redmi note 5 pro. All you have to FLash the full Android PIE Rom on your phone and you can enjoy the feature of the Android P on your Redmi Note 5 pro. All credit goes to the XDA developer akhilnarang for creating this Pie rom for the Note 5 pro users. Everything is working fine in this rom like camera, Volte, Fingerprints, Calls, Wifi etc. We tested this new AOSP build don our Redmi Note 5 pro and everything works fine. To install this Android 9 ROM on your Phone and you have to install the TWRP recovery on your phone and after that, you can easily Download Android Pie AOSP ROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
A few weeks back Google released the Android P official build for the Pixel phones and after that many developers released the Android Pie ports for many devices like Redmi Note 4, Xiaomi Mi a1. Now Full AOSP Android Pie ROM is available for the Redmi Note 5 pro. To install this Android P Rom on the Redmi Note 5 pro, your phone’s bootloader will be unlocked and TWRP should be installed. Without custom TWRP recovery you can’t able to install this rom on your redmi note 5 Pro. So here in this guide, we will show you how to Install Android Pie AOSP ROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro
If you are interested in installing this Android Pie port on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 pro, then check out the below mention guide. Be sure to follow the installation instructions carefully as performing steps out-of-order can cause problems.
Android Pie AOSP ROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro
Warning: Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking the bootloader.
This guide is only for the Redmi Note 4 users and doesn’t apply this guide on any other xiaomi phones. And before following this guide do take the full backup of your phone.
Download File to Install Android Pie
- Download Android Pie AOSP ROm for Redmi Note 5 pro here
- Download Google Apps Zip file here
- Download Overlay Zip file here
Save both the zip files on your phones internal memory.
Pre-Requirements to Install Android 9
1. Make sure the bootloader of your phone is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a TWRP custom recovery installed.
2. Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
3. Do take the backup of your Redmi Note 4.
Whats Working on Android P Redmi Note 5 Pro
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
Guide to install Android Pis On Redmi Note 5 Pro
1. Download the Android Pie and other files from the Download section and save all the files on your phone’s internal memory.
2. Once all the files are saved on your device.
3. Boot your phone in TWRP recovery mode. to do this first turn off your phone. Now hold down the Volume UP + Power button to boot your phone in TWRP mode.
4. Once you are in the TWRP mode. From here Tap on the WIPE option.
5. Now Tap on the Advanced Wipe > select Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data and Swipe to wipe from the below of the screen.
6. Once completed, go back to the HOME page of TWRP and tap on the Install Button. And located the Android 9 ROM file and select it.
7. Now form the next page. Swipe to Confirm Flash.
8. Once the File is successfully flashed on your phone. Now flash Gapps file.
9. Once all the files are successfully flashed on your device. Reboot system.
10. In case your phone stuck on the password screen, go back to the TWRP > Wipe > Format Data and type yes. Reboot
10. Now your phone will reboot and the first boot will take some time.
Now Android Pie is installed on your Redmi Note 5 pro phone. If you have any question and facing some problem during this process then, leave the comments below.
If you want to enable the gestures on your phone then install the overlay zip file with TWRP and you will see the gestures in syste. To root the phone check this guide and to install the google camera on your phone follow this process.
Video: How to install Android 9 on Redmi Note 5 pro
Direct link to YouTube Video
So with these simple steps, you can easily install Android pie full rom on your redmi note 5 pro phone. If you need some help or stuck with some problem, you can always contact us below in the comments