After the release of MIUI 12 for Xiaomi phones, many Xiaomi Phone users are not happy with the performance of MIUI 12 and most of them want to Downgrade MIUI 12 to MIUI 11. So day by day we are receiving so many comments and mail on our inbox that how we can go back to MIUI 11 from MIUI 12 or how to revert back to MIUI 11 from MIUI 12 without bricking our device. Here in this post we will cover all of these questions and will guide you on how you can easily go back to MIUI 11 with the fastboot method.
Yes to downgrade your phone you need a PC or laptop and Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi phone. These are the main requirements to downgrade your Xiaomi phone from MIUI 12 to MIUI 11. The steps are a little bit longer but are the official way to downgrade your phone. As we mentioned earlier you need a PC for that and Mi Flash tool with your Phones MIUI 11 Fastboot ROM. You can download all these files from the download section below.
Table of Contents
How to Downgrade From MIUI 12 to MIUI 11
It’s highly recommended to carefully read through the whole guide, before doing anything with your device. Even the smallest mistakes can cause issues. So read the guide very carefully and follow all the steps one by one on your device. And yes do take the full backup of your phone because this process will wipe all the data from your device.
Remember that you’re doing everything at your own risk and bear all responsibility for your actions.
Download Files to Downgrade Your Phone to MIUI 11
1. Unlock Bootloader of Your Xiaomi phone. Without Unlock you can go back to the MIUI 11.
3. Download Xiaomi Flash tool and install the same on your Windows PC.
4. Download the Fastboot ROM for your device here ( Don’t Download the Recovery rom, you need an MIUI 11 Fastboot ROM for your phone)
Steps to Download MIUI 12 Using Fastboot ROM
Once again, a quick reminder that you must have unlocked bootloader of your phone to follow this guide. If you don’t know what is Fastboot and never used MiFlash, we can highly recommend you to read more guides and gather more information to avoid any confusion. .
1. Download the Latest MIUI Fastboot ROM for your Phone from the above mentions links and unzip the folder on your desktop.
2. Now Files are ready to flash on your phone.
3. Open the MI Flash tool on your desktop and boot your phone into fastboot mode. To do this first turn off your phone and Hold down the Volume Down button + Power button for few seconds.
4. Now your Xiaomi phone will boot in the fastboot mode and you will see the MI Bunny on the screen of your phone.
4. Once your phone in fastboot mode, connect your phone to the PC with the USB cable.
5. Next, go to the MI flashing tool and tap on the ‘Refresh’ button to see the connected devices.
6. Now go the Extracted MIUI Fastboot folder and copy the path of the folder.
7. Now go back to the Flash tool and paste that path in the “Select” Option.
8. Now in the right bottom of your MI flash tool, you will see three options “clean all”, “save user data” and “clean all and lock”. From here check the Clean all option. If you don’t want to Delete Data from your phone then choose the “Save user data” option, in case if you want to Lock the bootloader of your phone then choose the “Clean all and Lock” option.
9. Now Tap on ‘Flash’ at the top right to start the flashing process.
10. Now this will flash the Fastboot MIUI ROM on your phone. Once complete you will see the “Success” message on the screen, And your phone will reboot.