Today Google released the third beta version of Android P Beta 3 for Google Pixel/Pixel XL & Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL. Google released the first preview version of Android p in March which totally changes the design of android OREO. And after few months they released the first beta version of Android P Developer preview and added some new features like gesture navigation and a new adaptive brightness. And after lots of work and change today they released the Android P Beta 3 for Google Pixel phones. The new Android P Beta 3 comes with lots of new changes and features, which we will discuss later.
If you are the Google Pixel user and updates your phone with the previous build of the Android P then you have to install this new build on your phone. This comes with lots of bug fixes and July Security Patch. If you don’t know how to install the Android P version on your phone then follow the below mention guide to update your Google Pixel phone with this latest Android P Build.
Table of Contents
Download Android P Beta 3 (Developer Preview 4) on the Google Pixel & Pixel 2
Currently, this new build is only available for the Google pixel phones and very soon other supported devices with getting this new update on their phone. Google always recommends updating to the latest preview version for testing purposes. So if you want to test this new Android P On your Google pixel phone, below you will find the latest download links to Android P Beta 3.
Android P Beta 3/Developer Preview 4 Change Summary
- New ‘back’ button in the navigation bar
- New rotation lock button
- Tweaks to Quick Settings panel
- Manual dark theme
- ‘App Actions’ now work on the first generation Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL
- Recent apps are now bigger when sliding through them
- Status bar icons are now smaller
- Call volume is now separate in the settings
- New icon for keyboard switcher
- New icon for Battery Saver when activated
- New icons in the Settings
- Always On Display now hides notifications too
- New “Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload” option in Developer Options
- New animation when opening recents
- New animation when switching to the last app
Read Also: Download Android P Beta 2 On Nokia 7 Plus [How-To]
Read Also: Download Android P Beta for Sony Xperia XZ2 [How-to Install]
Read Also: How to Update OnePlus 6 With Android P Beta [DOWNLOAD NOW]
Read Also: How to Update Essential Phone to Android P Beta
Read Also: How to Downgrade Android P Beta to Android OREO [Official Way]
How to Install Android P Beta 3 on the Google Pixel phones
Below are two guides OTA and Factory Image. If you are on the previous build of the Android P then follow the OTA guide. If you are new and want to test it the first time then follow the Factory Images guide.
OTA Image Instructions for Pixel phone
1. Download the OTA image for your device form the above mention links.
2. One the file is downloaded, Move it to the internal storage of your device.
3. Make sure you’ve set up ADB if you haven’t already. Reboot to recovery with the following command: adb reboot recovery.
4. Once your phone in recovery mode. Select the option “Apply update from ADB”.
5. Sideload the OTA with the following command: adb sideload
For detailed step by step instruction with images check this guide “Install Android P Developer Preview OTA updates on Pixel Phones”
Factory Image Instructions on Google Pixel Phone
1. Download the factory image for your device form the above mention download links.
2. Extract the factory image zip on your PC.
3. Run the flash-all.bat if you’re on Windows or flash-all.sh if you’re on Mac/Linux. This will wipe all data on your device! If you want to flash the Android P without losing any data, please follow these instructions instead.
Besides the Google Pixel phones, this update may become available for the following devices very soon. Essential Phone, Nokia 6.1, Nokia 7, Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 8 Sirocco, OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Sony Xperia XZ2, Vivo X21UD, Vivo X21 and Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.