Google released the next version of Android OS Android 6.0 Marshmallow. And most of the developers are working on Marshmallow ROMS and some of Android 6.0 custom ROMS are available on the net. If you are an android user and planning to flash one of your favorite Android 6 custom ROM on your phone then you need a Gapps (Google Apps Package Zip file) to be able to use device as a proper daily driver. All the custom ROMS come without Google apps like Play Store, Play Services, etc. To use all the Google services and application on your Custom ROM, you need to flash the Gapps Zip file with the custom ROM. Without Google Play Services, you can’t use most of the features of your android phone. So, install correct GApps on a custom ROM is a must. Here in this tutorial we’ll show how to download Gapps for Android 6.0 Marshmallow and how to flash it on custom ROMS.
All you have to download the zip file from the below mention links and save the zip file on your android phone. Below are some links of Gapps zip file, one of them is small in size (just 45 MB), the other one is sized 173.7 MB. Both will work on the custom ROMs, as you will have at least play store from both of them, to install remaining Google apps. The difference is that some of them are packed with full Google apps and some of them ou with some major apps like Google play store, Gmail etc.
Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow Gapps
- Pico Gapps — Link | File: open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-20151008.zip (45.8 MB)
– Packed with Google system base, Google Play Store, Google Calendar Sync, and the following Play Store application
- Zero Gapps — Link | File: Slim_zero_gapps.BETA.6.0.build.0.x-20151008a.zip (93.4 MB)
– In this package, you will find the core Google system base, off-line speech files, Google Play Store, Google Calendar Sync, Google Play services and Google Search.
- Mini Gapps — Link | File: Slim_mini_gapps.BETA.6.0.build.0.x-20151008a.zip (173.7 MB)
– In this package you will find the core Google system base, off-line speech files, Google Play Store, Google Exchange Services (replaces stock/AOSP Exchange Services), Face Detection for Media, Face Unlock, and the following Play Store applications Clock (replaces stock/AOSP Clock), Google+, Google Calendar (replaces stock/AOSP Calendar), Google Now Launcher, Google NFC Tags (replaces stock/AOSP NFC Tags), Google Play services, Google Search, Google Text-to-Speech, Gmail, Hangouts, Maps, Photos, YouTube.
- BokROM Gapps — Link | File: aosp-6.0-20151007-bokrom-gapps-hammerhead.zip (377.7 MB)
– Packed with Almost all the apps. Apps which are not available ion this package are Google Camera, Google Keyboard, Sheets, and Slides.
- Full Gapps — Link | File: Slim_mini_gapps.BETA.6.0.build.0.x-20151008a.zip (475.0 MB)
– Packed with all the Google apps, fully stock version.
How to Install Gapps on Marshmallow ROMS
Step 1. Once the custom ROM is installed on your device. Download the Google apps package from the above mention links.
Step 2. One the zip file is downloaded on your desktop. Connect your device to the PC and move the Gapps zip file on your device.
Step 3. Now turn off your android device and boot the device into recovery mode.
Step 4. Now you will see the custom recovery main menu screen, from here tap on the “Install Zip From Sdcard” or similar, and after that “Choose Zip From Sdcard”.
Step 5. Now browse the ZIP file that you moved on your phone or tablet and install the same on your device.
Step 6. The installation process will take some time. Once completed, Reboot your device and you should now have Google Apps installed.
That’s it, now the Google apps are installed on your Custom Rom.