Now the Google Nexus 5 users experience the CyanogenMod 11S custom firmware based on Android 4.4.4. CyanogenMod 11S rom is the same rom that was installed in OnePlus One. the ROM comes with some awesome features like New Flock screen, Theme engine and new Gallery and lots more. If your are nexus 5 user than you can enjoy all these new features on your devcie with the help of CyanogenMod 11S ROM. All credit goes to the XDA member, P4R, who successfully ported CyanogenMod 11S from the OnePlus One to Google’s current Nexus smartphone. The ROM is based on Android 4.4.4 and does not have any major bugs whatsoever. And the features are working fine on the Nexus 5. We tested the ROM on our Nexus and it was working fine. If you are interested to instal this ROM on your devcie, than here is the guide which you can follow on your N5 and install the same within a few minutes.
Before following this guide do take the backup of your device, we always recommend you to take the backup of your system with nandroid backup. To get started all you need a unlocked bootloader with a custom recovery installed .
Install CyanogenMod 11S on the Nexus 5
1. Download CyanogenMod 11S V1.2 for nexus 5 here
2. Connect you phone to the PC with USB cable and move the downloaded ZIP file on your phone Sd card.
3. Switch off your phone and boot it in Recovery mode.
4. Now from the recovery mode Wipe System, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik-Cache and Wipe Data (Only in new installations). If you are using the custom ROM than leave this step.
5. Now from the Install option, install the ROM zip file on your phone.
6. Wait for a minute to complete the installation process. After that reboot your system.
Voila! Now your nexus 5 is running on the CyanogenMod 11S O.