Now Redmi Note 4 users can enjoy the Android 8 Oreo on their phone with the help of the LineageOS 15 Oreo AOSP ROM. LineageOS 15 Oreo Stable ROM is now available for the Redmi Note 4 users, and the best part of this ROM is that everything is working fine like Volte, Camera, etc. The new LineageOS 15 rom is running on the stable version of Android 8.0 Oreo and comes will all the new features. If you are the Redmi note 4 users and want to test this new OREO rom on your phone, here are the full instructions which you can use on your phone and update your Note 4 with Android OREO.
THis guide is only for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 users and don’t apply this method to any other phones. The lineageOS 1comeses with lots of new features like new icons, Picture to picture mode, New Notifications, and lots more. To flash this Oreo ROM on your phone, you need a rooted phone with TWRP recovery. After that, you have to download LineageOS 15 ROM zip file and Gaapps file on your phone. So let’s get started and install the Android OREO ROM on Redmi Note 4.
Table of Contents
How to Download & Install LineageOS 15 Oreo on Redmi Note 4
Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data by following this guide. So do take the full backup of your phone.
Prerequisite to Flash LineageOS 15
- Flash the TWRP custom Recovery on Your Redmi Note 4
- Do take the full backup of your Redmi Note 4.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is fully charged.
Download LineageOS 15 for Redmi Note 4
a) Download the Android OREO LineageOS 15 ROM for Redmi Note 4 here
And save the zip file on your phone’s internal memory.
b) Download the Latest Gapps Package for LineageOS 15 (ARM64) here.
You need to save this zip file on your phone and flash the same with TWRP to install the Google application on your phone.
Install LineageOS 15 Android 8 on Redmi Note 4
1. Download both the zip files on your phone and remember the location of the files. So you can find them easily in the TWRP recovery.
2. Boot your Redmi Note4 in TWRP recovery mode. To do this first switch off your phone. Now Hold Volume Up + Power button.
3. Once you are in the TWRP recovery mode. Go to backup and take the full backup of your current ROM. In case you don’t like the LineageOS 15 rom then you can easily restore your previous ROM with Restore option.
4. To start flashing, first go to WIPE > Advanced Wipe and Select System, Data, Cache and Dalvik and Swipe to wipe.
5. Go back to the home screen of TWRP recovery and Tap on the install option and Locate the LineageOS 15 zip file and Flash it on your phone.
5. Once the ROM is flashed, flash the Google Apps zip file to install the Google Application on the Custom ROM.
6. Once both the files are flashed. Reboot system.
Check out the video Below:-
Direct Link of Youtube Video
So with this way you can easily install the Android Oreo on your phone. In case you want to go back to the MIUI 9 version then follow this guide to install the MIUI 9 on your Xiaomi phone. Let us know if you have any questions by comment below.
Via – XDA