A few days back Oneplus team released the 4.1.5 update for the Oneplus 3 and Oneplus 3t and now today they released the new OxygenOS 4.1.6 update for the Oneplus 3 / 3T users. As per the Oneplus team, the new update comes with many bug fixes and system optimizations. (Which you can find below) The official OTA update is already rolled out and mow the Oneplus 3 and Oneplus 3T users already updated their phone with this new OxygenOS 4.1.6 update. You can install the same manually on your phone. Download OxygenOS 4.1.6 for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T from below.
To flash the update on your phone all you have to download one zip file and install the same with ADB commands or with Recovery. Rooted users can use the TWRP recovery and have to flash the Full ROM zip file of the OxygenOS 4.1.6 update. Below are the download links and full instructions to install the OxygenOS 4.1.6 update on Oneplus3 and Oneplus 3T phone.
Changelog of OxygenOS 4.1.6
• Added system push notifications for important information from OnePlus
• Updated network settings for select carriers
• Updated OnePlus Community app to v1.9
• Updated Android Security Patch level to 1st May 2017
• Modified WiFi no internet indication icon
• Fixed storage issue present on 3rd party file managers
• Fixed VoLTE issue on certain Jio SIM cards
• Fixed connection issue on Android Auto
• Proximity sensor
• Camera low light focus
• Expanded screenshot
• Enhanced system stability
Download Oxygen OS 4.1.6 for OnePlus 3/3T – OTA and full firmware package
- OxygenOS 4.1.6 update for OnePlus 3 OTA link – Download, Mirror, Mega (OxygenOS 4.1.5 to OxygenOS 4.1.6)
- OxygenOS 4.1.6 Full ROM for OnePlus 3 – Download, Mirror, Mega
- OxygenOS 4.1.6 OTA for OnePlus 3T – Download, Mirror, Mega (OxygenOS 4.1.5 to OxygenOS 4.1.6)
- OxygenOS 4.1.6 Full ROM for OnePlus 3T – Download, Mirror, Mega
How to update OnePlus 3 and 3T to Oxygen OS 4.1.6
Method 1 With ADB commnads
Method 1 With ADB commnads
1. First Enable ‘USB debugging’ on your Oneplus 3 / 3T phone. THis will help you to connect you phone with the PC.
2. Install ADB and Fastboot files on your Windows PC. This will create an ADB folder on your Windows C Drive (C:/ADB).
3. Download the Full ROM zip file for your phone and save that zip file in the ADB folder that you created in step 2.
4. Boot your Oneplus 3 phone in recovery mode.
5. Once you are in recovery mode. Choose Install from ADB Sideload.
6. Connect your phone to the PC with USB cable.
7. Once the phone is connected, open the ADB folder in which you saved the Full ROM zip file. Now open a command window in your fastboot/adb folder (C:\adb\). To do this Hold Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on the empty space of the folder. See the screenshot:-
8. Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM.
9. Now enter the following command to flash the latest Full ROM zip file.
adb sideload File Name.zip
10. The update process will start on your phone. Once completed Reboot the phone.
Method 2 With Stock Recovery
1. Download OxygenOS 4.1.6 OTA zip file from above and save it on your internal phone memory.
2. Boot your phone in stock recovery mode.
3. Select ‘Apply Update’ and select ‘Choose from Internal Storage‘.
4. Browse the zip file that you saved on your phone and choose the zip file, and it will Install OxygenOS 4.1.6 OTA update file on your OnePlus 3/3T.
5. Once the updated process is finished. Reboot your phone.
Method 3 For Rooted user with TWRP recovery
1. Download the OxygenOS full ROM zip from above and save the zip file on your internal phone memory.
2. Now Boot your phone into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down + Power Button.”
3. After that. Wipe data and cache if you want a clean installation otherwise skip this step.
4. Now go back and tap on the Install Option. Locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file.
5. Reboot to system.
Video Guide to Install Oxygen OS on Rooted Oneplus 3
So this is the complete instruction to update your Oneplus 3 and Oneplus 3T with the latest Oxygen OS 4.1.6 Update. Have any questions? Do let us know that in the comments below.