OxygenOS 3.5.5 for OnePlus 2 with VoLTE Support is now available for the download. Yes, oneplus team released the new Oxygen OS 3.5.5 for OnePlus 2 users which is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. The best part of this new version is that it supports VOLTE feature. The update is rolling out via OTA (over-the-air) and most of the OnePlus 2 users already getting the update. To Check, the OTA update on your phone go to your phone setting and check for the System Updates OT you can install the same manually on on your phone. Below is the guide which you can use on your phone and install the OxygenOS 3.5.5 on Oneplus 2 with the help of Stock Recovery And TWRP custom recovery.
The new OxygenOS 3.5.5 also features a revamped Oxygen UI, updated user interface, and overall performance improvement. If you are the Oneplus 2 user and want to update your phone with this new OxygenOS 3.5.5 update, then read the below mention guide carefully and follow all the steps very carefully. This guide is only for the OnePlus 2 users and don’t apply this method on nay another smartphone. Make sure to take the full backup of your phone. So head over to the download section below and grab the latest OS 3.5.5 OTA and full stock firmware files for the OnePlus 2.
OxygenOS 3.5.5 Features and Changelogs –
- Enabled VoLTE functionality for select carriers
- Added App Lock
- Added Battery Saving Mode ( Settings > Battery > More )
- Added Gaming Mode ( Settings > Developer Options )
- Added Additional Options for the Alert Slider.
- Redesign of the Volume Adjustment Bar
- Shelf Optimizations
- Updated OxygenOS UI
- Updated Interface and UI of the Clock app
- Updated Android Security Patch Level to 1/12/16
- Increased System Stability
- General Bug Fixes
Download OxygenOS 3.5.5 for OnePlus 2
- OxygenOS 3.1.0 to OxygenOS 3.5.5 OTA File – Download
- OxygenOS 3.5.5 Full ROM for OnePlus 2 – Download, Mirror
Guide to Install OxygenOS 3.5.5 ROM on OnePlus 2
Below are two method 2 install the OxygenOS 3.5.5 ROM on OnePlus 2. First one is the ADB sideload method and second one is the reocvery methoos. Use any one which one you like.
1. Enable ‘USB debugging’ on Your Oneplus 2 Phone.
2. Now setup the ADB and fastboot drivers here on your windows desktop. Now you will see the ADB folder on your windows PC C Drive (C:/ADB).
3. Now copy the OxygenOS 3.5.5 zip file in the ADB folder. Ane Rename the ZIP file to update.zip
4. Connect the Oneplus2 to the PC with USB cable and open a command prompt or terminal on your PC. To do this open the ADB folder press shift + right click and click on open command here.
5. Reboot your OnePlus 2 device into stock recovery mode.
6. Now from the main screen of the recovery, tap on the first option that says “Install update via ADB”.
7. Flash the OxygenOS on OnePlus 2 by typing below command
adb sideload update.zip
8. Now the update will start and this will take some time.
1. Download the OxygenOS 3.5.5 zip from above and save the zip file on your phone internal memory.
2. Now Boot your phone into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down + Power Button”
3. After that. Wipe data and cache if you want a clean installation otherwise skip this step.
4. Now go back and tap on the Install Option. Locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file.
5. Reboot to system.
That’s i1. Now the OxygenOS 3.5.5 is successfully installed on your Oneplus 2 Android phone. Let us know if you have any questions by comment below.
Video Guide to Update Oneplus 2
Source – OnePlus