The Oneplus team released the OxygenOS 4.5.6 for Oneplus 5 update to fix the 911 dialing Reboot Issue. Few days most of the Inepkus 5 users are complaining that whenever they try to dial 911 emergency phone number from the phone the phone reboot automatically. So if you are facing this problem on your phone, then Download OxygenOS 4.5.6 for Oneplus 5 and install the same on your phone fix this reboot problem. To fix this problem the oneplus team released a small update. You can check this update on your phone setting system updates.
Currently, the update is live in some regions and very soon available on the other parts. If you can’s find the update on your phone or you are rooted user, then you can flash this new OxygenOS update on your phone manually on your Oneplus 5. All you have to download and flash OxygenOS 4.5.6 zip file on your Oneplus 5 phone.
Here in this guide, you can find the direct download link of the OxygneOS 4.5.6 zip file and full instruction to install the OxygenOS 4.5.6 on the Oneplus 5 phone.
This incremental OTA update will reach a small percentage of users today, and we’ll begin a broader roll out as soon as we can.
Fixed reboot caused by dialing 911 on certain OnePlus 5 units
This method is only for the Oneplus 5 users and don’t try this on any other Onepus phone.
Do take the full backup of your Oneplus 5 phone.
Make sure that you phone battery is fully charged.
Read all the steps very carefully and follow all of them as mentioned on your device.
Table of Contents
Download OxygenOS 4.5.6 for Oneplus 5
- OxygenOS 4.5.5 to OxygenOS 4.5.6 OTA for OnePlus 5 – Download, Mirror
- OxygenOS 4.5.6 Full ROM for OnePlus 5 – Download
Install OxygenOS 4.5.6 for Oneplus 5
Method 1 for Stock Recovery Non-Rooted users
1. Download the OTA zip from the above mention link and save the zip file in the root folder of your OnePlus 5.
2. Go to phone Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the ROM File
3. Once selected system would prompt upgrade now.
4. Select upgrade now and the system would reboot into stock recovery and flash the Oxygen OS 4.5.6 update.
5. The installer would itself flash the ROM and reboot the device.
The Oneplus 5 will reboot and your phone is now running on the OxygenOS 4.5.6 firmware & OS based on 7.1.1 Nougat.
Method 2 for TWRP Recovery Rooted users
If you are the Rooted Oneplus 5 user which unlocked the bootloader of Oneplus 5 and installed the TWRP recovery then you have to use this guide. If you face some problem during installation then read our detailed guide how to update Rooted Oneplus 5 with Latest OxyhgenOS.
1. Download the Full ROM zip file of the OxygneOS 4.5.6 from the above mention link and place it in the root folder of your OnePlus 5.
2. Boot your Phone in TWRP recovery mode. To do this Switch off your phone and Hold Power + Volume button.
3. Once you are in TWRP recopvery mode. Tap on Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Dalvik & Cache > Swipe to Wipe .
4. Now, Go to Install and locate the OOS 4.5.5 Full Rom Zip & swipe to Install the ROM file.
5. Flash Magisk Or SuperSU to maintain root (Optional)
6. Wipe Dalvik & Cache and Reboot System.
Video Guide for Rooted Users to Install OxygenOS 4.5.5
Direct link of video to Install the Oneplus 5 update
With these simple steps, you can update rooted or non-rooted Oneplus 5 this latest official OxygenOS update. If you are facing some problem to update your rooted phone, then check this guide to install update on rooted phone.
Have any questions? Do let us know that in the comments below.