Good News for the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T owners. The official OxygenOS 5.1.0 Android 8.1 Oreo with April Security Patch is released now. If you are the owner of OnePlus 5/5T and waiting for this update from a long time, then your wait is over, the OTA update is rolled out and many users already updated their phone with this new Android 8.1 Oreo official update. The new OxygenOS 5.1.0 update comes with lots of new features and comes with the latest April Security Patch.
Here in this guide, we are posting the direct download links to the OxygenOS 5.1.0 Full OTA update, which you can install on your phone. Below is the full guide which you can use on your rooted or non-rooted OnePlus 5/5T and download OxygenOS 5.1.0 Android 8.1 oreo on your phone. If you can’t wait for the OTA updates on your phone, then follow the below mention steps to install this official OxygenOS 5.1.0 update manually on your device.
This guide is only for the OnePlus 5/5T users and doesn’t apply this method to any other phones. Read all the instructions very carefully and follow all of them one by one. But before that do take Full Backup your Oneplus phone, If something goes wrong during this process you can easily restore your data.
Table of Contents
Download OxygenOS 5.1.0 For OnePlus 5/5T
Below are the links to the Full OTA update of OxygenOS 5.1.0 For OnePlus 5/5T. Download the same on your phone or pc and follow the steps to install them on your phone.
- Download OxygenOS 5.1.0 for the OnePlus 5 (Full OTA) | Mirror Link
- Download OxygenOS 5.1.0 for the OnePlus 5T (Full OTA) | Mirror Link
OxygenOS 5.1.0 Features and Changelogs
- Updated system to Android 8.1 Oreo
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-04
- Added full-screen gesture support( Only 5T)
- Added new optimizations in gaming mode including power saving and pausing adaptive brightness
- Added network boost – network priority for gaming App in the foreground
- Added category tags in the search section of the app drawer
- Auto name folders based on category
How to Install OxygenOS 5.1.0 Oreo Update on OnePlus 5/5T
1. Download the OxygenOS full ROM from the download section and save the ZIP file on your phone.
2. Now Navigate to Phone Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the ROM File
3. Once selected system would prompt upgrade now
4. Select upgrade now, and the system would reboot into stock recovery and flash the ROM file.
5. The installer would itself flash the ROM and reboot the device.
Now your phone will reboot, and your OnePlus 5T/5 is currently running on the latest OxygenOS OREO Update firmware & OS based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
Update Rooted Oneplus5/5T With OxygenOS 5.1.0
If you are the Rooted Oneplus5/5T users then the installation process is a little bit tricky. The Official TWRP will not allow you to install this update. So follow the below mention steps to update your rooted Oneplus5/5T
1. Download the Codeworkx or latest Bluspark TWRP from below for your phone.
2. Now install these Custom Recovery on your phone to install the update on your phone.
3. Once the Custom TWRP is installed on your phone. All you have to flash the OxygenOS 5.1.0 on your phone.
4. Boot your phone in TWRP mode and Install the Full OTA zip file. If you don’t know how to do that. Check this guide to install the OxygenOS 5.1.0 update on Rooted Oneplus
5. If you want to Root your Oneplus 5/5T again, then flash the Magisk Manager with the help of TWRP and get the root access.
So this way you can easily install the latest OxygenOS 5.1.0 update on your Oneplus 5/5T. Now enjoy the new Android 8.1 Oreo Features on your Oneplus Phone. If you are facing some problem with this guide, then leave the comments below, we will help you to fix it up.