In some countries most of the android phone as the in built sim lock feature which restricts the use of the phone in some countries and network providers. Most of time some of these users are looking for the way to unlock sim on their device to operate that sim on other countries or device with the other operators. Today, in this guide we’ll show you how you can easily unlock your Samsung Galaxy S3 & Note 2 without rooting. The process is pretty simple and only take a few minutes to unlock the phone.
The method described below works on the T-Mobile and Canadian Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2. It have been tested successfully on following devices:
Rogers Note 2, Bell Note 2, Bell Galaxy Rugby LTE, Telus Note 2, Wind Mobile Note 2, Mobilicity Note 2, Wind Mobile S3, Mobilicity S3 YMMV, Bell S3, Koodo S3, Telus S3 and Rogers S3
The method has been tested on Android 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 version, if you have the higher version first downgrade you device to the lower version and try this guide.
Unlock Your Samsung Galaxy S3 & Note 2
1. Open the dial-pad on your android device and dial this code once *#197328640#
2. Now you will see the service menu on your phone screen.
3. From the service menu, select the UMTS option.
4. Now tap the Debug Screen
5. Select Phone Control on the next screen.
6. Next, tap Network Lock option.
7. Then select Perso SHA256 OFF
8. After this wait for about 30 seconds and then go back one step by tapping the Menu button on your device and selecting Back option on the screen.
9. Now select NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ.
10. Wait for about 60 seconds.
11. That’s it. Reboot your phone.
Now you sim is unlocked and you can use you device in any other other country or with the other operator.