Here in this guide, we will show you how to Install Google Pixel 3 Camera Without Root on MIUI 10, MIUI 9 Redmi Note 5 Pro without losing the ability to receive MIUI OTA Update. Recently Google launched the Google Pixel 3 phone which comes with the new Pixel 3 Camera. The camera has some advanced features like Night Mode, Slow motion and new UI. So many of the other android user want to install the same on the phone. But many of them have to root the phone to install this Google Pixel 3 camera mod on the phone. But in this guide, you don’t have to root or install TWRP on the phone. All you have to run some commands and you are ready to go.
The guide is pretty simple and all its take windows PC, ADB drivers, Unlock Bootloader, some File and some patience. The best part of this guide this will work on any xiaomi phone which is running on the MIUI 9 or MIUI 10. And yes you will get the OTA updates after this and you can install them without any problem. In this guide, we will boot the TWRP temporarily to run some ADB command to enable Camera2API on the phone so you can install the Google camera.
And this will not break the OTA updates on your phone. You will get all the updates. We did the same on our Redmi Note 5 pro and also updated the phone with the latest OTA update. You can check the Video at the end of the post for the reference. So without wasting the time lets get started and enable Camera2API without root or TWRP and Install Google Pixel 3 Camera Without Root
Install Google Pixel 3 Camera Without Root
We tested this method on our Redmi Note 5 pro and it works without any problem. Read all the instructions very carefully and follow all the steps one by one on your phone. Don’t skip any step otherwise, you will not able to run the Google Pixel 3 camera on your phone.
Download File to Install Pixel 3 Google Camera
1. Download the ADB drivers here on your PC and install the same on your phone.
2. Now download these Fastboot files Platform tools folder here and unzip the folder on your desktop.
3. Download the TWRP image file for Your Phone Here. No need to Install the TWRP, we have to boot it temporarily to run some ADB commands.
4. Download Google Pixel 3 camera apk file here to install Google Camera on your MIUI phone.
Steps to Install Google Pixel 3 Camera Without Root on MIUI 10 Redmi Note 5 Pro
1. Make Sure that your phone’s bootloader is unlocked.
2. Now install the ADB drivers on your Windows PC and Unzip the platform tool folder on the desktop.
3. Now boot your phone in the Fastboot mode. To do this first tutne off your phone and now hold down thr Volume Down + Power Buton together.
4. Open the Platform tools folder that you unzipped on your desktop in Step 2.
5. Now press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder and select ‘Open command window here.’
5. Now the phone is in the fastboot mode, Coonect it to the PC and enter the following command to boot the phone in twrp.
fastboot boot twrpfilename.img
Thsi will help you to boot your phone in TWRP mode.
6. Once you are in TWRP. Don’t make any changes or don’t do anything on the phone.
7. Now run the following command one by one winodws to enable Camera2API without ROOT.
setprop persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 1
setprop persist.camera.eis.enable 1
adb reboot bootloader
8. Now the Camera2API is enabled and TWRP is removed from your phone.
9. Now install the Google Pizxel 3 Camera apk file on you rphone.
10. Now the Google Camera is installed on your phone.
Congratulations! You have enabled Camera2 API without losing the ability to receive MIUI OTA Update since you do not flash any custom recovery.
GOOGLE PIXEL 3 CAMERA Without ROOT, Camera2API | Redmi Note 5 Pro | MIUI 10 OTA Updates
Direct Link to YouTube Video
If you have any question about the guide or facing some problem during the process then leave the comments below, and we will help you to fix it up.
25 thoughts on “Install Google Pixel 3 Camera Without Root on MIUI 10 Redmi Note 5 Pro”
error: no devices/emulators found
sir ye error aa raha hai 6n nahi aa raha camera to api enable ni ho raha hai please help to solve this
Is process ke baad bootloader ko phir se lock kar sakte hain
Is process ke baad bootloader ko phir se block kar sakte hain
I am getting package installer has stopped
please give your solution for this issue.
Does this trick works on redmi note4 also?
I like this technique very much. I’m definitely going to try it on my Redmi Note 5 Pro. Please keep sharing such tips and tricks.
The link isn’t working for me, it’s not downloading the file..
Will it works in redmi 5a
Is data loss during this process . While installing GCAM in note 5 pro
How can i Do it in Xiaomi Redmi 5A?
Is there any way to install google pixel camera 3 on my one plus one [bacon]
On an earlier post you mentioned that installing twrp in anti roll back 4 will be different than regular way, but in this article ita different.
can i use this step for mi a1?
How to make it work on poco F1?
This process doesn’t work in my Redmi s2/Y2 Phone.
It will fail in booting option.
How can I do now for install Google camera. Please give me a solution.
bro, this process working on radmi note 5 ai chines???
Make a guide about – How to install Google Camera on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 device (Android Oreo). I’m using Arnova V8.2 but it does not support Night Sight feature.
does pixel 3 camera work redmi 5 android naghout version, miui 10.1.2.0?
waiting ur reply
I have redmi note 5 sd636 it’s the same process ??
sir adm shell ke bad error ho jata hhai maine bootloader bhi unlock kr lia but fir bhi pta ni ky prob aa ri sir pls help me sir
sir please reply
Error feedback for front camera, slow motion
Hey, Good to see a great video and review have been post by you for may roms. I am trying to install camera 2 api in my redmi note 5 pro by following your procedure. First unlocked the bootloader which almost take a 20 days and finally it unlocked today. For more information sharing with here regarding ROM version MIUI 10.0.6.0 was tried and follow the steps but while fastboot boot twrp.img phone ADB drivers not detecting drivers in PC and no any command running. also updated on 10.2.1.0 stable rom same error occurred and not able to enable camera 2 api.
Kindly share the update on this stable update how can enable camera 2 api without root or driver detail to install ADB drivers while booting in twrp image.
Note in bootloader it’s detecting.
I have problem while booting the twrp.img file . it’s show error like system was destroyed and shutdown .pls help me out.
Fastboot boot twrp.img
hi, bro i have problem to process
when i do fastboot, the mobile automatic showes system as been destroyed
plz help me brother.
playground option crash in redmi note 5 pro plz solved this.
Comments are closed.