Here in this guide, we will show you how to Install Google Pixel 3 Camera Without Root on MIUI 10, MIUI 9 Redmi Note 5 Pro without losing the ability to receive MIUI OTA Update. Recently Google launched the Google Pixel 3 phone which comes with the new Pixel 3 Camera. The camera has some advanced features like Night Mode, Slow motion and new UI. So many of the other android user want to install the same on the phone. But many of them have to root the phone to install this Google Pixel 3 camera mod on the phone. But in this guide, you don’t have to root or install TWRP on the phone. All you have to run some commands and you are ready to go.
The guide is pretty simple and all its take windows PC, ADB drivers, Unlock Bootloader, some File and some patience. The best part of this guide this will work on any xiaomi phone which is running on the MIUI 9 or MIUI 10. And yes you will get the OTA updates after this and you can install them without any problem. In this guide, we will boot the TWRP temporarily to run some ADB command to enable Camera2API on the phone so you can install the Google camera.
And this will not break the OTA updates on your phone. You will get all the updates. We did the same on our Redmi Note 5 pro and also updated the phone with the latest OTA update. You can check the Video at the end of the post for the reference. So without wasting the time lets get started and enable Camera2API without root or TWRP and Install Google Pixel 3 Camera Without Root
Table of Contents
Install Google Pixel 3 Camera Without Root
We tested this method on our Redmi Note 5 pro and it works without any problem. Read all the instructions very carefully and follow all the steps one by one on your phone. Don’t skip any step otherwise, you will not able to run the Google Pixel 3 camera on your phone.
Download File to Install Pixel 3 Google Camera
1. Download the ADB drivers here on your PC and install the same on your phone.
2. Now download these Fastboot files Platform tools folder here and unzip the folder on your desktop.
3. Download the TWRP image file for Your Phone Here. No need to Install the TWRP, we have to boot it temporarily to run some ADB commands.
4. Download Google Pixel 3 camera apk file here to install Google Camera on your MIUI phone.
Steps to Install Google Pixel 3 Camera Without Root on MIUI 10 Redmi Note 5 Pro
1. Make Sure that your phone’s bootloader is unlocked.
2. Now install the ADB drivers on your Windows PC and Unzip the platform tool folder on the desktop.
3. Now boot your phone in the Fastboot mode. To do this first tutne off your phone and now hold down thr Volume Down + Power Buton together.
4. Open the Platform tools folder that you unzipped on your desktop in Step 2.
5. Now press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder and select ‘Open command window here.’
5. Now the phone is in the fastboot mode, Coonect it to the PC and enter the following command to boot the phone in twrp.
fastboot boot twrpfilename.img
Thsi will help you to boot your phone in TWRP mode.
6. Once you are in TWRP. Don’t make any changes or don’t do anything on the phone.
7. Now run the following command one by one winodws to enable Camera2API without ROOT.
setprop persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 1
setprop persist.camera.eis.enable 1
adb reboot bootloader
8. Now the Camera2API is enabled and TWRP is removed from your phone.
9. Now install the Google Pizxel 3 Camera apk file on you rphone.
10. Now the Google Camera is installed on your phone.
Congratulations! You have enabled Camera2 API without losing the ability to receive MIUI OTA Update since you do not flash any custom recovery.
GOOGLE PIXEL 3 CAMERA Without ROOT, Camera2API | Redmi Note 5 Pro | MIUI 10 OTA Updates
Direct Link to YouTube Video
If you have any question about the guide or facing some problem during the process then leave the comments below, and we will help you to fix it up.