Few days backs Xiaomi released the MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi phones. The new Beta ROM of MIUI 10 is available for most of the Devices. Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, Xiaomi Mi 6, MI 5 or Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is now one of them. We already posted a guide to install the MIUI 10 on Redmi Note 5 pro and today here we will show you how to Install MIUI 10 On Xiaomi Phones. The new MIUI 10 comes with lots of new features like AI Preload and AI Portrait, New Taskbar, redesigned lock screen, quick settings, volume panel, and more. Currently, only MIUI 10 Chinese beta ROM is available for the download. If you are the owner of above mention phone, then here is the guide to Install MIUI 10 On Xiaomi Phones.
To install the MIUI 10 China Beta ROM on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, Xiaomi Mi 6, or Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, all you have to download the MIUI 10 zip file and flash the same with the help of TWRP custom Recovery. And yes this process will delete all the data from your phone. So do take the full backup of your Xiaomi phone and save it in some safe place. This the beta update has some bugs. MIUI 10 Chinese ROM doesn’t come with the Google Play store and Google Apps. So you need to install Goole Apps on MIUI 10 separately.
To apply this MIUI 10 update on your devices all you have to unlock the bootloader of the Phone and install the TWRP custom Recovery to flash the MIUI 10 beta zip file on your phone. So let’s get started and install MIUI 10 On Xiaomi Phones.
Table of Contents
- 1 Install MIUI 10 On Xiaomi Phones
- 2 Download MIUI 10 Build for Your phone
Install MIUI 10 On Xiaomi Phones
This guide is only for the Xiaomi Phones users and don’t apply this method to any other phone. Download the MIUI 10 Beta zip file from the below-mentioned links and save the zip file on your phone. But before that make sure that your phones run on the latest TWRP custom Recovery. If not then follow this guide download the TWRP for your device.
Devices eligible for MIUI 10 China Developer ROM
The company detailed that the closed beta MIUI 10 China Developer ROM will start on Friday, June 1, for the following devices:
- Xiaomi Mi 8,
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S,
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2,
- Xiaomi Mi Mix,
- Xiaomi Mi 6X,
- Xiaomi Mi 6,
- Xiaomi Mi 5,
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2,
- Xiaomi Redmi S2,
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
List of eligible devices for MIUI 10 China Developer ROM in July
The public beta will start in late June or start fo July for the following devices. In late July, the public beta will be available for following additional devices:
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3,
- Xiaomi Mi 5X,
- Xiaomi Mi 5c,
- Xiaomi Mi 5s,
- Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus,
- Xiaomi Mi 4,
- Xiaomi Mi 4c,
- Xiaomi Mi 4S,
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2,
- Xiaomi Mi Max,
- Xiaomi Redmi 5,
- Xiaomi Redmi 5A,
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus,
- Xiaomi Redmi 4,
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A,
- Xiaomi Redmi 4X,
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S/ Redmi 3X,
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro,
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A,
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm/ Redmi Note 4X,
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (MediaTek)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Qualcomm)
MIUI 10 ScreenShots
MIUI 10 features
- AI Portrait: The all-new software algorithm brings Portrait Mode to all the supported devices. Now single lens user will also enjoy bokeh effect on the phone.
- AI Preload: This helps to track the phone’s usage to assist faster app load times and better performance for the phone.
- New Recent menu: The Recent app menu fully changes and packed with some new UI and Features.
- AI-based Virtual Assistant: Now the new MIUI 10 comes with virtual assistant like SIRI an Google Assistant, that shall be the default for Chinese devices.
Pre-Requirement to install MIUI 10
- Make Sure that Phone bootloader is unlocked and TWRP is installed
- Do take the full backup of your phone. This process will delete all the data.
- Make sure that your phone has enough battery. Above 70%.
Download MIUI 10 Build for Your phone
Download the right MIUI 10 build for your phone and save the zip file on your phone’s internal memory.
MIUI 10 Global Beta Closed
Mi 5 – Global
Redmi 5 Plus – Global
Redmi Note 5A – Global
Redmi Note 5 (Whyred)
Guide to Install MIUI 10 on Redmi Note 5 Pro
1. Save the MIUI 10 beta zip file on your phone and remember the location of your phone.
2. Now time to boot your phone in the TWRP recovery mode. To do this, first switch Off your phone, and now Hold the POWER + VOLUME UP button. If TWRP is not installed on your phone, then follow this guide download the TWRP for your device.
3. Now your phone will boot in the TWRP recovery mode.
4. Tap on the WIPE > Advanced Wipe > Select Data, Cache, Dalvik and System and Swipe to wipe. This will wipe all these files and you are ready to flash the MIUI 10 on your phone.
5. Now go back to the home page of TWRP. Tap on the Install and select the MIUI 10 ROM beta file and Swipe to flash.
6. The flashing process will start on your phone and this will take some time.
7. Once the MIUI 10 is successfully flashed on your phone. Reboot System.
8. Now your phone will reboot and the first boot will take some time. Now your Xiaomi Phone is running on the MIUI 10.
Install Google Apps on MIUI 10 Chinese ROM
As we already mentioned above that MIUI 10 ROM doesn’t come with the Google Play Store and Google Apps. So you need to install them separately.
Read this guide to install the Google Apps on Your MIUI 10 phone and enjoy all the google application on your MIUI 10 Chineswe ROM.
Video: Install MIUI 10 On Xiaomi Phones
So with the help of this guide, you can download MIUI 10 on any Xiaomi phone. If you have any question regarding this guide or facing some problem, then leave the comment below, and we will help you to fix it up.