From last few days, we are receiving lots of question that how to install MIUI 8 Update on Rooted Redmi Note 3 with the help of Custom TWRP recovery. In Non-rooted phone, you can quickly install the latest MIUI 8 OTA update with the help of stock recovery, but in the rooted phone, you will get some error on the TWRP recovery. So here in this tutorial, we discuss how to download and install the latest official MIUI 8 update on the Redmi Note 3 phone.
Once you rooted the phone, you will break the system file, and you can’t update your phone with the OTA update. To update the rooted phone, you need a Full MIUI 8 ROM recovery file which you flash with the help of the TWRP recovery. But there is one more method which you can use to flash the OTA update with the help of TWRP recovery. But for that, you need a modified TWRP recovery. Here is the guide which you can follow on your phone and install the MIUI OTA updates with modified TWRP recovery.
But in this guide, I will show you how to install the Full MIUI 8 ROM on a rooted phone and root the phone again without losing the data. Yes, it’s possible and all it take a fee minutes to update your phone. After rooting the phone, you can easily install the Xposed framework on your phone and change the fonts of Redmi note 3. So let us get started.
See Also: How to Unlock Bootloader Redmi Note 3 Without Permission
See Also: How to Flash MIUI 8 Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi Phone Without Mi Flash Tool
See Also: Download & Install Official CyanogenMod 13 ROM for Redmi Note 3
See Also: How to Fix Redmi Note 3 Unlock BootLoader Couldn’t Verify Device Error
Table of Contents
Download Files to Update Rooted Redmi Note 3
a) Download the latest MIUI 8 Recovery ROM from here and save the zip file on your phone internal memory.
b) Download the SuperSu zip file from here to root your phone again. Save the zip file on your phone.
c) Download the lazy flasher zip file here to fix the boot loop issue. Yes, you nee to flash this file to fix the boot problem. Save the zip file on your phone internal memory.
Steps to Install MIUI 8 Update on Rooted Redmi Note 3
1. Download all the three files mention above and save all the file on your phone and remember the location of the files.
2. Now open the updater application on your phone and Tap on the tap on three dots from top right corner and select “Reboot to Recovery Mode.”
3. Now your phone will boot in the custom TWRP recovery mode.
4. From here tap on the Wipe > Advanced Wipe and Select Dalvik Cache and Cache > Swipe to Wipe.
5. After that go back to the main menu of the TWRP recovery. Select Install and Locate the MIUI 8 Recovery Full ROM zip file and flash the same on your phone.
6. After flashing the ROM, Flash the Super Su zip file to get the Root access, and after that Lazy flasher zip file to fix the boot issue.
7. Now reboot the system.
Voila. Now you update your Rooted Redmi Note 3 with the latest update of MIUI 8. Enjoy !!!!
Vidoe Guide to Update Rooted Redmi Note 3
1 thought on “How to Install MIUI 8 Update on Rooted Redmi Note 3”
Can i use zcx twrp????
Comments are closed.