Finally, OnePlus team released the OxygenOS 11 Android 11 Stable build for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro users. The new Oxygen Os 11 is based on the Android 11. The OOS comes with lots of new features like Always-on Display, New Dark Mode toggle, New Live wallpapers, and more. If you OnePlus 8 Series users and want to install OxygenOS 11 Android 11 On OnePlus 8 or Oneplus 8 Pro. Here is the full guide to installing the same on your device.
The OS update includes many visual changes aimed at improving one-handed use, some of which are heavily inspired by Samsung’s One UI. Note only this OnePlus also includes a new OnePlus Sans font, seemingly replacing the old OnePlus Slate.
Table of Contents
- 1 Features of new OxygenOS 11 Android 11
- 2 Download OxygenOS 11 Android 11 for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
Features of new OxygenOS 11 Android 11
- New visual design (including Weather app, Launcher, Gallery, Notes)
- New layout for more comfortable and convenient one-handed operation
- Always-on display function, including 11 new clock styles
- Live wallpaper that changes according to the time of day
- New OnePlus Sans font that improves readability
- Optimized Dark Mode, including the ability to automatically turn on and off and a shortcut in Quick Settings
- 3 new Zen Mode themes, more timing options, and new Group feature to let you experience Zen Mode with your friends
- New Gallery function that automatically creates a weekly story based on your photos and videos
Changelog for OxygenOS 11 stable update for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Brand-new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now.
- Optimized stability on some third-party applications and improved user experience.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Ambient Displsy
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. (To set: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range.)
- Zen Mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Story function supported, automatically forming weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
- Loading speed optimized, and the image preview is now faster.
- The widget on the desktop might disappear. It can be set as followed: Long press on the desktop -“Widget” – “Settings” – Select the widget.
Download OxygenOS 11 Android 11 for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
You can download the builds from the links below. Save the zip file on your phone’s internal memory and follow the installation instruction form below to update your OnePlus 8 with this new OOS 11 Version.
OnePlus 8 Pro
How to Install OxygenOS 11 On OnePlus 8 Series
Note: This upgrade method will erase all the contents of the phone, please be sure to backup first.
- Download the latest OxygenOS ROM upgrade zip package from the download section
- Copy the OxygenOS ROM upgrade zip to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.
Video: [FIRST LOOK] OxygenOS 11 Android 11 DP 3 | Always on Display | Oneplus 8, 8 Pro
Direct Link of YouTube Video
So this way you can install the latest Oxygen OS 11 Version on your Oneplus 8 and Oneplus 8 pro Device. If you have any questions regarding this guide or facing some problem, then leave the comment below, and we will help you to fix it up.