If you are the POCO F1 mobile users and already unlocked the bootloader of your POCO F1. Now looking for a guide to install the TWRP custom recovery on POCO F1 and the root the POCO F1 with Magisk manager, then here is the full guide which you can use on your phone a do the same in few minutes. Poco F1 by Xiaomi is powered by top-of-the-line Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset along with Adreno 630 GPU. And the flagship model from Xiaomi and many Xiaomi lover already get the phone from the first sale and many of them waiting for the next sale to buy the beast.
The phone is available in different configurations starting from 6GB + 64GB, 6GB + 128GB and 8GB + 256GB. We bought the black 6GB + 64GB and already unlocked the bootloader of the phone and alose rooted the phone. So here in this guide, we are sharing the guide which you can use on your phone and Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Poco F1.
The Poco F1 comes loaded with a 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 support. The rear camera of this phone comes with 12MP + 5MP configuration. The selfie shooter measures 20MP and feature IR face unlock. The camera is impressive and face unlock feature is so fast and works in low light condition too. Overall the phone is best in its prices. But many users want to enjoy more thing in the phone like modded apps, rooted app and all. For that, you have to install the TWRP custom recovery and install the magisk manager to get the root access on the phone. So let get started and install the TWRP and Root the POCO Phone.
Table of Contents
How to Install TWRP and ROOT POCO F1
Warning: Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking bootloader.
The rooting process is not that easy, it takes some and some patience. So read all the steps very carefully and follow all of them one by one. One wrong step and you will brick the phone.
Why To Root POCO F1 phone
With the help of rooting you will do lots of things on your device like Install Custom Roms, improves the battery performance of your device, remove unwanted system applications, install tweaks and other modification on your device easily and enjoy a lot of free rooted application on your device.
In simple word, we can say rooting gives you the administrator-level permissions on your device and customize your device as per your need which is impossible for a normal android. Check out some other benefits of Rooting the Android phone.
Pre-Requirements to Root POCO F1 phone
2. Enable USB debugging on your Android device. To do this go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the MIUI version 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
Now go back to settings -> Additional Settings -> Developer Options -> Enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging. See the screenshot below.
3. Install Xiaomi USB drivers, tutorial: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers For Windows
How to Unlock Bootloader Of POCO F1 phone
Unlocking bootloader of the phone is not a difficult task all you have to download Mi Unlock Tool and you can easily unlock your phone.
Once the bootloader of the phone is unlocked you can easily root the phone. Follow the below mention guide to Root the device.
Download File To Root the POCO F1
- Download the ADB drivers here. Unzip the folder on your Windows C Drive. (C:\platform-tools). And you will see the PlatForm folder on your Windows C Drive.
- Download the DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip and save the file on Desktop.
- Download the TWRP image file here. And save the file in the platform-tools folder
- Download the Magisk manager zip here to root the phone. Save the zip file in the phone’s internal memory
Install TWRP on the POCO Phone
1. Boot your phone in the fastboot mode. To do this first switch off your phone and Hold volume down + power on at the same time.
2. Now your phone will boot in the fastboot mode. Connect your phone to the PC with USB cable.
3. Now open the command prompt window in the Platform ADB folder by Pressing Shift Button and Select Open Command Window Here.
4. Now the command prompt windows will open on your windows desktop. And enter the following command.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-18.104.22.168-beryllium-20180831.img
6. TWRP recovery is successfully installed on your phone. Now time to boot in TWRP mode. Run the following command.
fastboot boot twrp-22.214.171.124-beryllium-20180831.img
7. Now the phone is booted in the TWRP mode. And is will ask you for the password.
8. Tap on the cancel button, go to wipe > advanced wipe and Wipe Data only.
9. Reboot to recovery and connect your phone the PC and save the DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip on your phone.
10. Now tap on the install Button and install the DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip file.
11. Now you are done. Reboot System.
How to Root POCO F1 phone
1. Boot your phone TWRP mode and save the magisk zip file on your phone.
2. Tap on the install button from recovery to root the phone.
3. Now from the next page choose the magsik zip file.
4. Now to flash the file, “Swipe to Confirm Flash”
5. Once the Zip file is successfully installed on your phone. Reboot System.
Now Your POCO F1 is rooted and TWRP is installed.
Video: Root POCO F1 and Install TWRP
Direct Link to Youtube Video
Hope this helps you to root your phone. If you are facing some problem with this guide then leave the comment below and we will help you to fix it up.