A few days back Xiaomi released the new Redmi 6 series in India. In which they launched three new phones Redmi 6A, Redmi 6 and Redmi 6 Pro in the Indian market. All three smartphones run MIUI 9.6 is based on Android 8.1 Oreo and promised to get the MIUI 10 build “soon.” Many Xiaomi fans already bought the phone and many of them want to install the TWRP on the phone and want to root the Redmi 6A, Redmi 6, Pro. So here today in this guide we will show you all the steps to Install TWRP on Redmi 6A, Redmi 6, Pro and Root With Magisk.
All these new 3 phones come with some decent specs and the budgets phone for the Indian users. All the phones have Face Unlock and Portrait mode feature. Unlike the Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A, the Redmi 6 Pro model features a display notch. And the phones are selling like a hot cake in the Indian market. But here in this guide, we are not going to discuss specs and feature. We are here to discuss how to install the Custom TWRP recovery on Redmi 6A, Redmi 6 and Redmi 6 Pro and how to root them.
But before following the TWRP and ROOT guide we have to unlock the bootloader of Redmi 6A, Redmi 6 and Redmi 6 Pro. After that, you can install the TWRP with fastboot command on your phone. And yes do take the backup of the phone, the unlocking process will wipe all the data from the phone. So it is recommended to take the full backup of the phone. So let’s get started and Install TWRP on Redmi 6A, Redmi 6, Pro and Root.
Table of Contents
- 1 Install TWRP and ROOT Redmi 6A, Redmi 6 and Redmi 6 Pro
- 2 Download File To Root the Redmi 6 Phones
Install TWRP and ROOT Redmi 6A, Redmi 6 and Redmi 6 Pro
Warning: Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking bootloader.
The rooting process is not that easy, it takes some and some patience. So read all the steps very carefully and follow all of them one by one. One wrong step and you will brick the phone.
Why To Root Redmi 6A, Redmi 6, Pro
With the help of rooting you will do lots of things on your device like Install Custom Roms, improves the battery performance of your device, remove unwanted system applications, install tweaks and other modification on your device easily and enjoy a lot of free rooted application on your device.
In simple word, we can say rooting gives you the administrator-level permissions on your device and customize your device as per your need which is impossible for a normal android. Check out some other benefits of Rooting the Android phone.
Pre-Requirements to Root Redmi 6A, Redmi 6, Pro
2. Enable USB debugging on your Android device. To do this go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the MIUI version 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
Now go back to settings -> Additional Settings -> Developer Options -> Enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging. See the screenshot below.
3. Install Xiaomi USB drivers, tutorial: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers For Windows
How to Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi 6A, Redmi 6, Pro
Unlocking bootloader of the phone is not a difficult task all you have to download Mi Unlock Tool and you can easily unlock your phone.
Once the bootloader of the phone is unlocked you can easily root the phone. Follow the below mention guide to Root the device.
Download File To Root the Redmi 6 Phones
- Download the ADB drivers here. Unzip the folder on your Windows C Drive. (C:\platform-tools). And you will see the PlatForm folder on your Windows C Drive.
- Download the TWRP image file for Redmi 6A here. Rename the file to twrp.img and save the file in the platform-tools folder
- Download the TWRP image file for Redmi 6 here. Rename the file to twrp.img and save the file in the platform-tools folder
- Download the TWRP image file for Redmi 6 Pro here. Rename the file to twrp.img and save the file in the platform-tools folder
- Download the Magisk manager zip here to root the phone. Save the zip file in the phone’s internal memory
- Download the DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip and save the file on Desktop.
Install TWRP on the Redmi 6 phones
1. Boot your phone in the fastboot mode. To do this first switch off your phone and Hold volume down + power on at the same time.
2. Now your phone will boot in the fastboot mode. Connect your phone to the PC with USB cable.
3. Now open the command prompt window in the Platform ADB folder by Pressing Shift Button and Select Open Command Window Here.
4. Now the command prompt windows will open on your windows desktop. And enter the following command.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
6. TWRP recovery is successfully installed on your phone. Now time to boot in TWRP mode. Run the following command.
fastboot boot twrp.img
7. Now the Redmi 6 phone is booted in the TWRP mode. And it will ask you for the password.
8. Tap on the cancel button, go to wipe > advanced wipe and Wipe Data only.
9. Reboot to recovery and connect your phone to the PC and save the DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip on your phone.
10. Now tap on the install Button and install the DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip file.
11. Now you are done. Reboot System.
How to Root Redmi 6A, Redmi 6 and Redmi 6 Pro phone
1. Boot your phone TWRP mode and save the magisk zip file on your phone.
2. Tap on the install button from recovery to root the phone.
3. Now from the next page choose the magisk zip file.
4. Now to flash the file, “Swipe to Confirm Flash”
5. Once the Zip file is successfully installed on your phone. Reboot System.
Now Your Redmi 6A, Redmi 6 and Redmi 6 Pro is rooted and TWRP is installed. If you are facing some problem with this guide then leave the comment below and we will help you to fix it up.