Here is the full guide to install TWRP Recovery On Mi 11X, Redmi K40, POCO F3. This guide contains both the written instruction and video guide to help you install TWRP on the device. MI 11X, Redmi K40, and POCO F3 all three of are same phones and available with different names in different regions. So the files are the same and the install process is the same to flash the recovery on the phone. Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. Check our video guides here on how to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi phones.
Before getting started with the guide, let us know something about these three devices. The Mi 11x smartphone is the rebranded Redmi K40 from the China market which is globally also being sold under the POCO brand as POCO F3. So all three phones come with the same specs and so the installation process is also the same in these three devices. The phone comes with a large 6.67-inch E4 spec AMOLED panel from Samsung with a peak brightness of more than 1100 nit, chipset Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G. The phone also gets support for a 120Hz refresh rate and comes with Fast charging 33W charger. The phone is available in multiple storage options with up to 8GB RAM and 256GB storage.
Though the Mi 11X starts at Rs. 29,999 for the 6GB RAM + 128GB storage configuration, you can future proof yourself with Rs. 31,999 with the 8GB RAM + 128GB storage variant.
Let us now get into the guide with What TWRP is first, but before that do take the full backup of your phone and save all the data in some safe place. And Read all the instructions very carefully and follow all of them step by step on your phone. So let get started and install the TWRP custom Recovery on MI 11X, Redmi K40, POCO F3.
Installing TWRP custom recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro & Max requires an unlock bootloader, which may void the warranty and will wipe all the data from your phone. So do take the full back up of your phone.
Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking bootloader.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root MI 11X, Redmi K40, POCO F3M
- 2 Procedure to install TWRP on MI 11X, Redmi K40, POCO F3
- 3 Procedure to root Xiaomi MI 11X, Redmi K40, POCO F3
Advantages of TWRP Recovery
- Allows you to flash Custom ROM on MI 11X, Redmi K40, POCO F3
- Helps you to flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Allows you to install and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip Magisk
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- YAllows you to flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on MI 11X, Redmi K40, POCO F3
- helps you to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on MI 11X, Redmi K40, POCO F3.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root MI 11X, Redmi K40, POCO F3M
This guide is in two parts, first, part is about how to install TWRP, and the second part is the option How to ROOT if you want to root the phone then follow the second part, if you don’t want to root then follow the part 1 of TWRP only.
Requirements to Install TWRP
- Make sure its battery is at least 60%.
- Orginal USB data cable to connect your phone with PC
- A Windows-based computer. To run some fastboot commands.
- ADB Fastboot Drivers and Android Platform Tools.
Download TWRP recovery
Download the latest TWRP and DM Verity zip file for your phone from the below mention link and save the files on your Windows desktop. You need these file to flash the TWRP on your phone.
Procedure to install TWRP on MI 11X, Redmi K40, POCO F3
1. You first need to have an unlocked bootloader on your Xiaomi MI 11X, Redmi K40, POCO F3, so if that’s not done, follow our guide for the same.
2. Download the TWRP from the Download links and rename it to twrp.img. Save the TWRP file on your Android Platform Tools. Make sure the ADB Fastboot Drivers are installed on your PC.
2. Now time to boot your phone in fastboot mode. To do this Open the platform-tool folder that you downloaded from the above. Now Open the command prompt window in this folder. To do so, hold the Shift key and right-click in an empty location inside the platform-tools folder and select Open PowerShell window here or Open the command prompt window.
Now in the command prompt window run the following command to boot your phone in fastboot mode.
adb reboot loader
Or you can boot it manually by holding the Volume Down + Power Button.
3. Now your phone will boot in the fastboot mode. You will see the MI Fastboot Bunny image on your screen.
4. Next, type the following command lines and hit Enter on the keyboard:
fastboot boot twrp.img
5. Now your phone will boot on the TWRP mode. Save the save twrp.img on your phone.
6. Now from the TWRP page, go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk and Select the TWRP.img file to install the same.
7. That’s it now the custom TWRP recovery is installed on your Phone.
Procedure to root Xiaomi MI 11X, Redmi K40, POCO F3
1. Download the magisk manager zip file here and save the file on your phone.
2. Now reboot your phone into TWRP recovery by pressing the volume up and power at the same while the phone is being turned on.
3. Once you are in TWRP mode, Select “Install” from the TWRP and browse for the Magisk.zip file. Tap on it to select it. Now, “Swipe to confirm flash” action.
4. Reboot System from TWRP Recovery.
That’s it, now the phone is rooted.