LineageOS is one of the most popular custom ROM for the Android phones. Now LineageOS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM is available for most of the Android smartphones. Here is the list of devices for which LineageOS 15.1 ROM is available for the download Google Nexus 5X, Google Nexus 6P, LeEco Le Pro 3, OnePlus 3/3T, OnePlus 5, OnePlus 5T, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 Wi-Fi (2016), Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi (2016), Xiaomi Mi 5, Xiaomi Mi 5s and Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus. The new LineageOS 15.1 comes with lots of new features, which we will discuss later. If you are the custom ROM lover and want to know more about the LineageOS 15.1, then read this full post and check how to download the LineageOS 15.1 on your Android phone.
With this custom ROM, you can enjoy some great feature on your phone like Privacy Guard, Live Display, Button/Gesture customization, and a plethora of great stock apps such as the Eleven Music Player and Snap Camera. So let’s take a look LineageOS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo and how to install LineageOS 15.1 on the android phone.
Table of Contents
- 1 Download LineageOS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo For Your Android
- 2 LineageOS 15.1 General Features
Download LineageOS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo For Your Android
LineageOS 15.1 is available for the below-mentioned devices, download the zip on your phone and follow the guide to install the LineageOS 15.1 on your phone.
- Google Nexus 5X – Download Page – Changelog
- Google Nexus 6P – Download Page – Changelog
- LeEco Le Pro 3 – Download Page – Changelog
- OnePlus 3/3T – Download Page – Changelog
- OnePlus 5 – Download Page – Changelog
- OnePlus 5T – Download Page – Changelog
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 Wi-Fi (2016) – Download Page – Changelog
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi (2016) – Download Page – Changelog
- Xiaomi Mi 5 – Download Page – Changelog
- Xiaomi Mi 5s – Download Page – Changelog
- Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus – Download Page – Changelog
LineageOS 15.1 General Features
- Custom charging sounds
- Unlink ringtone and notification volumes
- Add left/right virtual directional keys when typing
- Button backlight customization (brightness and timeout) for hardware buttons
- Camera button actions: use as wake key, focus button as peek and wake key, or launch (secure) camera.
- Custom long-press action for recent apps button
- Hardware button customization, for example Alert Slider Customization (without use of the Xposed Framework and a module) and swap recents/back button on OnePlus phones
- Launch torch with long-press of the power key when the screen is off. (Supports automatic timeout after 1, 2, 5, or 10 minutes).
- Long-press back button to kill app
- Navigation bar tuner
- Re-bind home long-press, home double-tap, recent apps press, and recent apps long-press. Actions include: do nothing, open/close menu, show recent apps switcher, show assistant, start voice search, in-app search, device sleep, launch camera, go to last app, start split screen.
- Set volume keys to control media volume at all times
- Swap behavior of volume keys with device orientation
- Toggle software navigation bar, even on devices with capacitive buttons
- Volume key cursor control when typing
- Wake screen with hardware button press
- Gradually increase ringtone volume during incoming calls.
- Press home button or volume buttons to answer incoming call.
- Ambient display (device dependent): pulse notifications when proximity sensor detects a hand wave
- Ambient display (device dependent): pulse notifications on removal from pocket
- Battery light settings to show battery charge status when charging, battery is low, or when fully charged. Can also customize brightness levels of the LED when in Do-Not-Disturb mode
- Display color temperature customization for day/night scenarios. Can be scheduled.
- Notification light settings to show LED light during notification, missed call, or voicemail. Can set per-app light settings. Choose LED pulse length and color. Can also choose to have the LEDs active even if the screen is on. Can also customize brightness levels of the LED when in Do-Not-Disturb mode.
- Picture adjustment: control hue, saturation, intensity, and contrast on supported devices. There is also an automatic outdoor mode that increases brightness and saturation automatically under bright sunlight.
- RGB color calibration settings
- sRGB and DCI-P3 color management profiles (device dependent)
- Touchscreen gestures when the screen is off. Available letters depend on hardware, but could be C/E/O/M/S/V/W/Z or ^,>,<. You can also swipe up/down/left/right with one finger, or use two fingers and swipe down. Actions include: do nothing, toggle flashlight, open camera, open browser, open dialer, view emails, view messages, play/pause music, skip to previous track, skip to next track, lower/raise media volume.
- Extreme power saver to restrict device performance and background activities to save power. Can be enabled automatically at 5%, 15%, or 25%.
- Performance profiles (Power Save, Efficiency, Balanced, Quick, and Performance)
- Customize the size of the lockscreen pattern
- Directly show PIN entry and skip the swype to unlock screen
- FlipFlap is an app for devices with smart cover support; it allows you to answer, ignore, or end calls and show the time/date through the cover.
- Privacy Guard—control app permissions such as keep awake, run in background, record audio, and much more.
- Proximity wake (check the proximity sensor before waking the screen)
- Scramble PIN layout
- Secure apps behind a lockscreen
- Toggle the dots/error visibility of the lockscreen pattern
- Toggle root access in Developer Options
- ADB over network
- Advanced location
- Ambient Display
- Caffeine (timer for screen off)
- Heads up notifications
- Live Display
- USB Tethering
- Volume panel
- Clock settings: show AM/PM and/or center/right-justify.
- Double tap to sleep
- Pull down from the left or right side to quickly bring down Quick Settings
- Show network traffic (upload only, download only, or upload+download). Can be automatically hidden when there is no traffic. Can be shown in kb/s, Mb/s, kB/s, or MB/s.
- Show adaptive brightness toggle next to the brightness slider
- Slide on status bar to control brightness
- Status bar tuner
- Accent colors: Default, Tomato, Cherry, Lavendar, Blueberry, Forest, Pumpkin, Banana, Cocoa.
- “Automagic” accent color picker based on wallpaper or time of day. System-wide light and dark theme also available that can also integrate with LiveDisplay to automatically show a light theme during the day and a dark theme during the night.
- Automatically append an app’s name to the filename of a screenshot
- Disable lockscreen media art
- Enable lockscreen rotation
- Expanded Desktop
- Lockscreen music visualizer
- Power menu customization. Can add advanced options to the reboot menu, screenshot button (with long-press to take a partial screenshot), user switcher, and airplane mode toggle.
- Unlock all orientations (rotate 0, 90, 180, and 270 degrees)
LineageOS 15.1 Features Overview – Video
How to Install LineageOS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo
2. Do take the full backup of your phone and save all your personal data in some safe place.
3. Lineage OS doesn’t come with superuser binaries pre-installed. So you need to install them separately. Download SupersSu zip file or Magisk Manager zip file here and save the same on your phone’s internal memory.
4. Also download the Gapps Zip file for LineageOS 15.1 here to install the Google apps on the custom ROM. Save the zip file on your phone.
5. Now Save the LineageOS 15.1 zip file from the Download Section and place it in your phone.
6. Now boot your phone in TWRP recovery mode.
7. Once you are in the TWRP mode. Go to Wipe and Advanced Wipe, Select Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, and Data. And Wipe them.(Don’t select the Internal SD card or Memory, other wise you will delete all the files that you saved on your phone.
8. Go back and tap on the Install Option and Install LineageOS zip file.
9. After that Flash the Gapps zip file and SuperSu or Magisk Zip file to root your Android phone.
10. Once all the three files are flashed on your phone. Reboot System.
Now your phone is running on the latest version of LineageOS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo. If you find any proble with this guide and faccing some problem to install the LineageOS 15.1 on your phione, leave the comment below and we will help you to fix it up.