Mi A1 Android 8.1 Oreo out now and you can download it here. This the new update for the Mi A1 and comes with the MAY Security Patch. Many Mi A1 users already downloaded this new Android 8.1 OREO update for the Mi A1 and using it as the daily driver. Currently, the ROM working fine and all the features are working fine. You can also use the Google Camera on Mi A1 and use portrait mode on front and rear camera. There aren’t a ton of new features going from Android 8.0 to Android 8.1. Which you can see in this new Mi A1 Android 8.1 OreoROM. One noticeable difference is the black theme when you use a dark wallpaper. If you are the MI A1 user and want to test this new ROM on your phone, then here you can Download Mi A1 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM.
But to install this new OREO build you need to install the TWRP recovery on your phone. After that, you can install this ROM on your phone. Currently, Fastboot ROM is not available so you have to install this ROM with the help of TWRP custom Recovery. If you would like to try this update on your device, you can find the download link below. So let’s get started and install the Android 8.1 Oreo ROM on the Mi A1.
Download Mi A1 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM
This method will work only for those Mi A1 users who are running the TWRP custom recovery on the phone. Read all the steps very carefully and follow all the steps one by one on your phone.
And do take the full backup of your phone, if something goes wrong you can easily recover your data. Warning! any damage done to your device is not my fault, use at your own risk!
Download Link –> Mi A1 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM
Install Android 8.1 OREO with JUNE Security Patch on Mi A1
1. Make sure that your Mi A1 is rooted and TWRP recovery is installed. If not then you have to install the TWRP on your phone. Without the TWRP you can’t flash this 8.1 ROm on your phone.
2. Download the Android 8.1 OREO zip file from the download section and save the zip file on your phone internal memory.
3. Now boot your Mi A1 in recovery mode. To do this first turn off your phone and wait for 5 to 6 seconds. Now hold the Volume Up button + Power button to boot the phone into TWRP recovery mode.
4. Once the phone in the TWRP mode. Go to Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Cache and Dalvik cache > Swipe to wipe.
5. Now go back to the Home of TWRP and tap on the Install button.
6. Now search for the OREO 8.1 Zip file that you saved on your phone and flash the same on the phone. And this will take some to complete the installation process.
7. Once the process is finished. You will see the Reboot option. Reboot System.
Video Guide to Install OREO 8.1 on Mi A1
Direct link to YouTube Video
Now your Mi A1 phone is running on the Android 8.1 Oreo ROM. So with this guide, you can install the 8.1 OREO ROM on Mi A1 phone. If you are facing some problem with the guide, then leave the comment below we will help you to fix it up.