If you are a Xiaomi Redmi Phone user and want to root your phone, then first you have to unlock bootloader of your MIUI Phone. And most of the new MIUI users don’t know how to use the Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool. And they always want to know “mi unlock status” “how to unlock mi phone” and looking for the “bootloader unlock tool”/ So today in this guide we will help you to Unlock Your Mi Device. After you unlock the device you can install TWRP custom Recovery on that and also root the Xiaomi phone.
In this guide, you will learn All about Bootloader and How to Unlock Your Xiaomi Device Bootloader. The process is a little bit longer but not so hard. All it needs a PC, an internet connection and some patience. And yes you also need a Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool to perform the unlocking process on your Xiaomi MIUI phones.
This guide will Works on all Xiaomi phones Like POCO, Redmi, MI phone. Whether it’s running on MIUI 9, MIUI 10, MIUI 11 or upcoming MIUI 12. In this article, I will try to simplify the Xiaomi bootloader unlocking process. But before that do take the full backup of your devices. After Unlocking the phone you will lose all your data.
Table of Contents
Download Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool
Before starting the unlock process on your MI or Redmi phone download the Mi Unlock Tool on your Windows PC. Without this tool, you can’t unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi phone.
Download the latest version of Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool from the list below and make sure to get an authorized MI account that is bound to your device. The tool is compatible with all Xiaomi phones.
Download Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool and unzip the file on your Windows PC. Install the latest version on your PC.
LATEST – Download miflash_unlock-en-6.5.406.31.zip
Why To Unlock the Bootloader
You can Root your device, edit BuildProp, can install any custom recovery, can flash any custom ROM and much more.
And in some devices to flash the MIUI Fastboot ROM you have to unlock the bootloader of your MIUI phone.
How to Check MIUI device bootloader is lock or unlock?
Go to Settings – About phone – MIUI Version (Tap 7 Times) You can see a message “Now you are a developer” – Additional Settings – Developer Options – Mi Unlock Status.
Prerequisites to Unlock Bootloader
- Do take a full backup of your phone that prevent any data lost during the bootloader unlocking process.
- You need to install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Now, go to ‘Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging’.
- Also, you need an official MIUI ROM installed in your phone after which, you can follow this method to unlock the bootloader efficiently.
- Chances of phone or software getting damage are imminent, so read all the instructions very carefully.
Instructions to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Device
1. Download Mi Unlock tool to your PC from the download section & Extract it on your PC.
2. Now go to Settings – Additional Settings – Developer Options – Mi Unlock Status. (Now connect your device with internet by using mobile data and click “Add account and device”. You must be needed to log in your Mi account with your device.
3. Once you login the MI Account you will see the success message. If you see other’s messages like error or failed then log out your Mi account from your device.
4. After that Reboot Your phone into fastboot method. To do this turn off your device, press the Power button and Volume down ( – ) button at the same time. Now your phone will boot in fastboot Mode.
5. Once the phone in fastboot mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable
6. Now launch Mi Unlock Tool via run as administrator then click AGREE. Sign in your Mi Account (which was connected with your phone).
7. If your unlocking tool showing this message “Phone Connected” then you are ready to go. Now press “Unlock”.
8. Now the unlocking process will start on your phone. On your first attempt, the Mi unlock tool will flash the message, “Couldn’t unlock, Please unlock 168 hours later”. That means you have to wait to complete the 168 hours. After spending the necessary time again try to unlock your device.
But sometimes the phone unlocks immediately. It depends on your MI account activity. If you are the beta tester then you will not get any waiting period.
9. After successfully unlocked, your device can be rebooted with reset.
Video: Unlock Bootloader any MIUI Phone
Now the bootloader of your Xiaomi phone is unlocked. Now you can root your MIUI phone and uninstall all the system apps, install Custom ROM and do lots of other stuff. If you have any questions regarding this guide or facing some problem, then leave the comment below, and we will help you to fix it up.