If you are a Xiaomi Redmi or POCO Phone user and want to root your phone ot install Cusotm ROM on your smartphone, then first you have to unlock bootloader of your MIUI Phone. And most of the new MIUI users don’t know how to use the Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool. And they always want to know “mi unlock status” “how to unlock mi phone” and looking for the “bootloader unlock tool”/ So today in this guide we will help you to Unlock Your Mi Device. After you unlock the device you can install TWRP custom Recovery on that and also root the Xiaomi phone.
In this guide, you will learn All about Bootloader and How to Unlock Your Xiaomi Device Bootloader. The process is a little bit longer but not so hard. All it needs is a PC, an internet connection, and some patience. And yes you also need a Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool to perform the unlocking process on your Xiaomi MIUI phones.
This guide will Work on all Xiaomi phones Like POCO, Redmi, and MI phones. Whether it’s running on MIUI 11, MIUI 12, MIUI 13, or the upcoming MIUI 14. In this article, I will try to simplify the Xiaomi bootloader unlocking process. But before that do take the full backup of your devices. After Unlocking the phone you will lose all your data.
What is MI Unlock Tool
Mi Unlock is a Windows app that helps you to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi phones. It’s an official utility developed by Xiaomi Inc for MIUI phone users. The bootloader is usually locked on all Xiaomi phones, and o open the bootloader or to make some changes on the system you have to use this Official Mi Unlock tool.
Suppose you want to install Custom ROM on your Phone or want to downgrade your Xiaomi phone, you need to unlock the bootloader first. This is where Mi Unlock Tool comes in.
This tool is designed to be lightweight and portable and can be utilized on any computer that runs Windows 11, 10, 8.1/8, 7, or XP.
Download Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool Latest Version
Before starting the unlock process on your MI or Redmi phone download the Mi Unlock Tool on your Windows PC. Without this tool, you can’t unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi phone.
Download the latest version of the Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool from the list below and make sure to get an authorized MI account that is bound to your device. The tool is compatible with all Xiaomi phones.
Download Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool and unzip the file on your Windows PC. Install the latest version on your PC.
LATEST – Download miflash_unlock-en-6.5.406.31.zip
Why To Unlock the Bootloader with MI Unlock Tool
You can Root your device, edit BuildProp, can install any custom recovery, can flash any custom ROM and much more.
And in some devices to flash the MIUI Fastboot ROM you have to unlock the bootloader of your MIUI phone.
How to Check MIUI device bootloader is locked or unlocked?
Go to Settings – About phone – MIUI Version (Tap 7 Times) You can see the message “Now you are a developer” – Additional Settings – Developer Options – Mi Unlock Status.
Prerequisites to Unlock Bootloader
- Do take a full backup of your phone that prevents any data lost during the bootloader unlocking process.
- You need to install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Now, go to ‘Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging’.
- Also, you need an official MIUI ROM installed in your phone after which, you can follow this method to unlock the bootloader efficiently.
- Chances of phone or software getting damaged are imminent, so read all the instructions very carefully.
Instructions to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Device
1. Download Mi Unlock tool to your PC from the download section & Extract it on your PC.
2. Now go to Settings – Additional Settings – Developer Options – Mi Unlock Status. (Now connect your device to the internet by using mobile data and click “Add account and device”. You must be needed to log in your Mi account with your device.
3. Once you login the MI Account you will see the success message. If you see other’s messages like errors or failures then log out of your Mi account from your device.
4. After that Reboot Your phone in fastboot mode. To do this turn off your device, and press the Power button and Volume down ( – ) button at the same time. Now your phone will boot in fastboot Mode.
5. Once the phone in fastboot mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable
6. Now launch Mi Unlock Tool via run as administrator then click AGREE. Sign in your Mi Account (which was connected with your phone).
7. If your unlocking tool showing this message “Phone Connected” then you are ready to go. Now press “Unlock”.
8. Now the unlocking process will start on your phone. On your first attempt, the Mi unlock tool will flash the message, “Couldn’t unlock, Please unlock 168 hours later”. That means you have to wait to complete the 168 hours. After spending the necessary time again try to unlock your device.
But sometimes the phone unlocks immediately. It depends on your MI account activity. If you are the beta tester then you will not get any waiting period.
9. After successfully unlocked, your device can be rebooted with a reset.
Video: Unlock Bootloader on any MIUI Phone
Now the bootloader of your Xiaomi phone is unlocked. Now you can root your MIUI phone and uninstall all the system apps, install Custom ROM and do lots of other stuff. If you have any questions regarding this guide or facing some problems, then leave a comment below, and we will help you to fix it.
Mi Unlock Tool Errors and How to Fix Them
Couldn’t Unlock: Please Unlock 168 Hours Later.
Many users face this error while unlocking the bootloader. Unfortunately, it’s restricted by the tool. Which you have to follow like you have to wait for a whole week before unlocking. And there is no way to bypass this warning.
Also, you cannot log out from the account during the process. So unplug your phone from the PC and use it for one week and try after that.
The current account is not bound to this device
If your Mi account is not correctly linked to your phone, you will receive this message. To resolve the issue, restart your phone and boot it back into the OS. Now log out of your Mi Account and log in again in the “Add account and device” option.
Not connected to the phone or mi unlock tool cannot detect phone
In case the Mi Unlock Tool is unable to detect your phone via fastboot mode, you will receive this notification. This means adb and fastboot drivers are not working properly on your PC. To fix this, read our guide How to Install ADB and Fastboot On Windows [15 SECONDS]
So with this mi unlock tool to guide you can easily unlock your xiaomi phone bootloader. If you like our article then follow us on Instagram, or join our Telegram Group. For the latest Tech Related News, Tips, and How-to Guides, follow Technobuzznet on Twitter and Facebook, and subscribe to our Youtube channel.