Moto G4 play nougat update now available, and new Official Android 7.1.1 Nougat update for Moto G4 Play is started rolling out for the Moto users. You can check the OTA update on your phone settings, system updates. Or you can install Moto G4 Play Android 7.1.1 Nougat update manually on your phone with the help of your phone’s stock recovery. The new update is based on the latest Android 7.1.1 nougat and comes with lots of improvements.
If you are the Moto G4 Play Android phone users and looking for the guide to install the latest update on your Moto G4 Play, then you are at the right place. Here you can learn how to update your phone with this new official release. The best part of this guide is that here you can see the two different methods (Recovery Update and ADB sideload update) to update Moto G4 play, if one doesn’t work for you then you can follow the second and download Moto G4 Play Android 7.1.1 Nougat update.
Table of Contents
Prerequisites to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Moto G4 Play
1. Make sure to backup all of your phone data and save it in some safe place. If something goes wrong during the process, then you can easily restore your files.
2. Install the ADB and Fastboot drivers on your windows to run the ADB commands to flash this nougat update.
3. This method only works on Moto G4 Play, don’t try it on other devices.
4. Make sure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged.
Read all the steps very carefully and follow all of them one by one on your phone. So let’s get started and Download Moto G4 Play Android 7.1.1 Nougat update.
Download Moto G4 Play Android 7.1.1 Nougat update
From the below mention download link, download the nougat update zip file and save it on your desktop. And follow one of the following guides to install official nougat update for Moto G4 play.
How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat update on Moto G4 Play
Method 2 – Update via Stock Recovery
1. Save the Nougat Zip file on your phone internal memory and remember the location of the zip file.
2. Now boot your phone in recovery mode.
– Power off your Android phone
– Now press and hold down the power button and the volume down button for few seconds then release (You should be in the fastboot mode now)
– Once you are in fastboot screen, Use the volume down button to scroll down the options and use the volume up to select.
– Scroll down to Recovery with the volume down and use the volume up button to select “Recovery.”
– Now you will see the Android robot logo sleeping with a red mark and message “no command” on your screen.
– Now hold the power button and press the volume up button to enter recovery mode screen.
– Now you are in the Stock Recovery of your Moto G4 Play.
3. From here select option Apply update from sd card.
4. Choose the nougat zip file that you saved to your phone in step 1.
5. The update process will start on your phone and once completed Reboot System.
Now the update is successfully installed on your phone. If this method doesn’t work for you, then use the second method from below.
Method 2 – Update With ADB sideload
1. Enable the USB debugging on your phone. Go to Setting > Developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2. Setup the ADB and Fastboot drivers from link mentioned above, and you will see the ADB folder on your C drive (C:/ADB)
3. Now save the Nougat zip file in the ADB folder and rename it to update.zip.
4. Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode. See the Step 2 form the above mention guide.
5. Now from here, Choose Apply update from ADB.
6. Connect your phone to the PC with USB cable. And open the command prompt windows in ADB folder in which you saved the update.zip file.
To do this press shift + right click on the folder and click on open command here.
7. Now enter the following command to install the update zip file on your phone.
adb sideload update.zip
8. Now, wait until the process completes and then Reboot the phone.
Voila !!!! The Moto G4 Play Android 7.1.1 Nougat update is successfully installed on your phone. If you are facing any problem on your phone to apply this method, then leave the comments below.
Source – XDA