Finally, the Android OREO LineageOS 15 is now available for the Oneplus 2 phone users. Most of the Oneplus 2 users are stuck on the Android Marshmallow and they want to update the OS of the phone. Thanks to the XDA developers who created the Android 8 Oreo LineageOS 15 ROmn for the Oneplus 2 phone. Now the Oneplus 2 users can also enjoy the Android OREO on their phone. A few days back the XDA developer released the Android OREO for the Oneplus One and now the same is released for the OnePlus 2 users.
The latest LineageOS 15 build is available for the download and runs on the Android 8.0. THe Development is in the early stage and the ROM has some little bugs. But most of the feature of the ROM is working on the fine like RIL, WiFi, Bluetooth, hotspot, fingerprint scanner, VoLTE, and the sensors (GPS etc.).
So if you want to test this new Android Oreo ROM on your OnePlus 2 phone. Then here is the detailed instruction which you can use on your phone and install the LineageOS 15 on your Oneplus 2. All you need a Rooted Oneplus 2 with TWRP recovery. So let’s take a look how to do that and download LineageOS 15 on Oneplus 2.
Table of Contents
How to Download and Install Android Oreo LineageOS 15 on OnePlus 2
This guide is only for the Oneplus 2 android phone users and don’t try to use this method on any other Oneplus phone.
Read the full guide carefully and follow all the instructions one by one on your phone.
Prerequisite to Flash LineageOS 15 on Oneplus 2
- Flash the TWRP custom Recovery on Your Redmi Note 4
- Do take the full backup of your Redmi Note 4.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is fully charged.
Download LineageOS 15 Oreo for OnePlus 2
To update your phone with this new ROM. All you have to flash two files on your phone. First one is the LineageOS 15 ROM file and the second one the Gapps file to run the Google applications on your phone.
Download the Lineage OS 15 here and save the Zip file on your phone.
Download the Gapps (ARM64) zip here and save the zip file on your phone.
Steps to Install LineageOS 15 Android OREO on OnePlus 2
1. Download LineageOS 15 Zip file and Gapps zip file on your phone from the above mention links.
2. Once both the files are saved on your Oneplus 2. Boot your phone in TWRP recovery mode. To do this first Switch Off your phone and Hold Volume Down + Power Button.
3. Once your phone in TWRP mode. Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache and System > Swipe to flash. This will wipe all the cache and data files form your phone.
4. Now go back to the TWRP main menu and Tap on the Install option and locate the LineageOS 15 zip file and flash it.
5. Once the ROM file is successfully flashed, Flash the Gapps zip file to install the Google Application on the Oreo ROM.
5. After that Tap on the Reboot System Option to reboot your phone.
Now your phone will boot on the latest version of LineageOS 15 ROM and the first boot will take some time to make changes on your phone.
So with this way you can install the Android OREO LineageOS 15 on your Oneplus 2 phone. In case if you want to root your phone on LineageOS 15 then Flash the SuperSu or Magisk Root Package on your phone. Let us know if you have any questions by comment below.
Via – XDA