Official TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-1 is released for Oneplus 5 Android smartphone. A few days back we mentioned about the Unofficial TWRP for Oneplus 5 which allows you to root Oneplus 5. Now OnePlus 5 Official TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-1 is available for the download, and you can flash the same on your Oneplus 5. Oneplus 5 comes with the Stock recovery, but with that Oneplus 5 stock recovery, you can’t flash custom ROMs on your phone and not even install Magisk root manager or install SuprSu zip file to get the root access. Here in this tutorial, we will show you how to install Oneplus 5 TWRP recovery.
The new TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-1 for oneplus 5 allows you to take the full backup of your phone, Sideload the Update file, Flash Zip files, Install Custom ROM and lots more. To download OnePlus 5 Official TWRP Recovery follow the below mention steps one by one on your phone.
TWRP 3.1.1-1 Changelog for OnePlus 5
Backups will now include adopted storage keys
Fixed an ADB restore issue
Fixed rebooting when no OS is present
Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal
Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2
Download Official TWRP 3.1.1 Recovery for OnePlus 5
Download TWRP 3.1.1-1 OnePlus 5 (Cheeseburger) || Download | Mirror
How to Install OnePlus 5 Official TWRP Recovery
If you are a new user and don’t know how to install the TWRP recovery on the Oneplus 5, then you must have to check this guide Install TWRP on Oneplus 5.
If you already installed the Unofficial TWRP on your phone and want to install the official TWRP on your Oneplus 5 then follow the below mention steps and update you TWRP with the Official one.
1. Download the TWRP image for the Oneplus 5 from the above mention link.
2. Now save the TWRP file on the root directory of your Oneplus 5 internal memory.
3. Now boot your Oneplus 5 in Recovery Mode. To do this Switch off your phone firrst. Now press and Hold Volume Down + Power button for few seconds.
4. Now your phone will boot in TWRP recovery mode. From here Tap on the Install option.
5. Now tap the “Images” button on the lower right side of the screen. This will allows you to flash images file on your phone.
6. Now locate the TWRP image file that you saved to your phone in step 2.
7. Now ‘swipe to flash‘ the TWRP Recovery.
8. Now the recovery will installed on your phone. No go back and Reboot System.
So with this method, you can Download Official TWRP 3.1.1 Recovery for OnePlus 5 and install OnePlus 5 Official TWRP Recovery. If you are facing some problem during the installation or getting some errors. Then Leave the comments we will help you to fix them.