Here is the Christmas gift for the OnePlus 5 users from the Oneplus team, now the OxygenOS 5.0 Oreo is officially available for the OnePlus 5 Android Smartphone. The new firmware based on Android 8.0 Oreo. This is the first official Oreo builds for the latest flagship phones. The OTA Android 8 Oreo Update started rolling out for the Oneplus 5 users and most of the users already updated their Oneplus 5 with OxygenOS 5.0 Oreo. The OxygenOS 5.0 update for the OnePlus 5 comes with lots of new features like the upgraded launcher, new UI design, optimisations for photo quality, and a beauty effect for the preloaded Portrait mode and lots more.
If you are the Oneplus 5 users and want to update your phone with t his new official OxygenOS 5.0 Oreo update, then here is the completed guide which you can follow on your phone and install the OxygenOS 5.0 Oreo on your OnePlus 5. This method will work for both rooted and non-rooted users. Read all the steps very carefully and follow all of the steps one by one on you OnePlus 5 phone. So let’s get started and Update OnePlus 5 to Official OxygenOS 5.0 Oreo
Table of Contents
How to Download & Update OnePlus 5 to Official OxygenOS 5.0 Oreo
This guide is only for the Oneplus 5 users and don’t apply this method to any other phones otherwise you will brick your phone.
Before following this guide do take the full backup oif your phone and make sure that your phone has enought battery to install this OxygenOS 5.0 Oreo update on the Oneplus 5.
OnePlus 5 OxygenOS 5.0 Features and Changelogs
- Updated to Android O (8.0)
- Optimizations for Shelf
- Now you can upload your photo through Shot on OnePlus
- New Camera UI design
- Optimizations for photo quality
- Added beauty effect for Portrait Mode
- Added “Places” tab for viewing photos on a map
- Added history feature
- Added alarm calendar feature
- Added Parallel Apps feature
- New design for Quick Settings
- New design for Lift up display
- Added “Adaptive model” screen calibration
- Optimizations for Wi-Fi
- Optimizations for Battery Saver
- Updated Android security patch to December
Direct Download Link of OnePlus 5 OxygenOS 5.0 Oreo
Below is the download link of the OxygenOS 5.0 Oreo for Oneplus 5. Save the zip file on your phone and follow the below mention tutorial to update your oneplus 5 with latest Android 8 Oreo Update.
- OxygenOS 5.0 Full ROM for OnePlus 5 – Download
How to Install OnePlus 5 OxygenOS 5.0 Oreo Update
1. Download the OxygenOS 5.0 full ROM from the download section and save the ZIP file on your phone.
2. Now Navigate to Phone Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the ROM File
3. Once selected system would prompt upgrade now
4. Select upgrade now, and the system would reboot into stock recovery and flash the ROM file.
5. The installer would itself flash the ROM and reboot the device.
Now your phone will reboot, and your OnePlus 5 is currently running on the latest OxygenOS 5.0 firmware & OS based on Android 8 Oreo.
Update Rooted Oneplus 5 with OxygenOS 5.0
If you are the rooted user, then you have to use the custom TWRP recovery to install this Andriod 8 update on your OPT 5. The process is simple and takes five minutes to complete the whole task.
All you have the flash the full ROM zip file of OxygenOS 5.0 on your phone and you are done.
Here is the full guide to installing the official Update on Rooted Oneplus 5.
So with this simple guide, you can Download Oreo-based OxygenOS 5.0 Update for OnePlus 5. If you have any question or facing problem during the update, Do let us know that in the comments below.