Finally, the wait is over, OnePlus team released the first OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 update for the Oneplus 9 RT users. The new update is based on the Android 12 and is available for the Oneplus 9R devices. The new updates come with a lot of new features like redesigned interface, improved performance, improved dark mode, enhanced camera, and lots more. If you are a Oneplus 9RT user and want to update your phone with this new update then here is the complete tutorial to install the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 on Oneplus 9RT.
This is the first update for the Oneplus 9RT users and the update is in the beta stage, And soon the users will get the Stable build of this update. To update your phone all you have to do download is one zip file on your phone and one apk to start the OOS 12 Installation process. So let’s get started and Update OnePlus 9RT With OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1
How to Install OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 on Oneplus 9RT
This guide is only for the Oneplu 9RT users and don’t follow this method on any other Oneplus phone otherwise, you will brick the phone. Follow the instructions very carefully and follow them one by one on your phone.
OOS12 Open Beta 1 changelog (9RT)
- New design
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Newly added Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly
- Newly added a chart to display your battery usage
- Optimized the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience
- Dark mode
- Newly supported three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- Newly added style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
- Work Life Balance
- Newly added Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- Supported automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Newly added diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized the gaming experience in team fight scenes
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- Optimized the display of camera modes on the menu bar
- Optimized the experience of zooming in or out when shooting videos with rear camera
- Newly added visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions
- Newly supported more system apps in TalkBack, including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general
Download OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus 9RT
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the above mention link.
- Copy the Upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Install this apk. You’ll need it to update. Then, open the app -> tap the top-right gear icon -> find the upgrade package and tap it -> wait to finish the installation.
- Once the update process is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.
How to Rollback or Downgrade to Android 11
This method might erase all the contents of the phone, please be sure to backup first.
- Download the latest ROM rollback zip package from the above mention link
- Copy the ROM zip rollback package to the phone storage.
- Now Enable Developer optiopn. Go to Settings -> About device -> Version -> Click Build number 7 times and enter the password, now you are in the developer mode.
- Go back Settings -> About device -> Up to date -> Click the top right button -> Local install -> Click on the corresponding rollback package -> Extract -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the rollback is complete, click Restart.
- Rollback successful.
So with this method, you can install the latest OxygenOS 12 on your OnePlus 9RT and also downgrade it to android 11.
Via – Oneplus