A few months back we posted a guide about how to install TWRP custom Recovery on Redmi Note 8 and Root Redmi Note 8 with Magisk Manager. Now the stable Orange Fox Recovery is available for the Redmi Note 8 users. If you are new to Redmi Note 8 and want to install the custom Orange Fox Recovery on your device, then here is the complete guide which you can follow and install the latest stable build of Orange Fox Recovery on Redmi Note 8. Orange Fox Recovery Project (OFRP) is an independent project porting TWRP to a distinctive recovery boasting even more advanced key features, in Orange Fox Recovery you can find some more advanced feature which are not available in the TWRP.
To install the custom recovery on any android phone, first, you have to unlock the bootloader of the phone. Check out the guide here on how to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 8 here. After that, you can easily install the Orange Fox recovery on your device with the help of some fastboot commands.
Warning: Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking bootloader.
Table of Contents
Steps to Install Orange Fox Recovery on Redmi Note 8
Read all the steps very carefully and follow all of them one by on eon your device. And do take the full backup of your phone. So without wasting the time, let’s start the Orange Fox Recovery Guide for Redmi Note 8.
Requirements to Install Orange Fox Recovery
- Make sure its battery is at least 60%.
- Orginal USB data cable to coonect your phone with PC
- A Windows-based computer. To run some fastboot commands.
- ADB Fastboot Drivers and Android Platform Tools.
- Unlock bootloader of the phone
Download Orange Fox Recovery for Redmi Note 8.
Download the latest Orange Fox Recovery for Redmi Note 8 from the below mention links. You need this file to flash the Orange Fox Recovery on your phone.
Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 8
1. Save the recovery.img file on your Android Platform Tools. Make sure the ADB Fastboot Drivers are installed on your PC.
2. Now time to boot your phone in fastboot mode. To do this first switch off your phone and Hold volume down + power on at the same time.
3. Now your phone will boot in the fastboot mode. Connect your phone to the PC with USB cable.
4. Now open the command prompt window in the Platform ADB folder by Pressing Shift Button and Select Open Command Window Here.
5. Next, type following command lines and hit Enter on keyboard:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6. Now Orange Fox Recovery is installed on your Redmi Note 8. To boot the phone in Orange Fox Recovery recovery, just press the Power and Volume Up buttons together. Your phone shall reboot into Orange Fox Recovery.
7. Now copy the Orange Fox Recovery zip file on your phone and install the zip file on your phone.
7. Voila! Now the Custom Orange Fox Recovery is successfully installed on your Redmi Note 8. If you are facing some trouble with this guide then leave the comments below and