Official OxygenOS Android 7 Nougat is available for the Oneplus 3 devices. But right now the OxygenOS nougat are in the beta stage, and some of the features are not working properly. With this new update, you can enjoy all the feature of Android 7 Nougat on Oneplus 3 phone. The new update comes with lots of new features like a Multi-Window view, status bar icon, quick launch, and custom DPI support.
Most of the oneplus 3 users are waiting for the OnePlus 3 Android 7 Nougat update; now they can use this guide and update their phone with the OxygenOS Android Nougat. The update is in the beta stage so that you will not receive the OTA update on your phone, all you have to flash the updates with the help of ADB sideload. Here in this guide, we will show you how to update both rooted and non-rooted Oneplus 3 with this new OxygenOS Android Nougat update.
If you are ready to update your OnePlus 3 to the latest version then Download OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 3 from below mention guide. Check below what’s new in OxygenOS Open Beta 8.
Table of Contents
- 1 Download OxygenOS Android 7.0 Nougat Beta 8 for OnePlus 3
- 2 Install OxygenOS Android 7.0 Nougat Beta 8 ROM on OnePlus 3
Oneplus 3 OxygenOS Android Nougat
- Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
- New Notifications Design
- New Settings Menu Design
- Multi-Window View
- Notification Direct Reply
- Custom DPI Support
- Added Status Bar Icon Options
- Added Quick Launch For 3rd Party Applications
- Improved Shelf Customization
- Android Pay may not work correctly
- Some stability/performance issues
- After upgrading to Android N, you will not be able to directly downgrade back to M builds.
Download OxygenOS Android 7.0 Nougat Beta 8 for OnePlus 3
The new official beta run on the Android 7.0 and to install this update on your phone. Download the OxygenOS Android 7.0 Nougat Beta 8 from the below mention link and save the zip file on your desktop.
Install OxygenOS Android 7.0 Nougat Beta 8 ROM on OnePlus 3
Read all the instruction very carefully and follow all the steps one by one on your phone. Make sure to take the full backup of your phone. After Upgrading OnePlus 3 to Android N, you will not be able to directly downgrade back to M builds.
Method 1 For Users with Stock Recovery – Update OnePlus 3 with Android Nougat
1. Enable ‘USB debugging’ on Your Oneplus 3 Phone.
2. Now setup the ADB and fastboot drivers here on your windows desktop. Now you will see the ADB folder on your windows PC C Drive (C:/ADB).
3. Now copy the OxygenOS Android 7.0 Nougat zip file in the ADB folder. Ane Rename the ZIP file to update.zip
4. Connect the Android device and open a command prompt or terminal on your PC. To do this open the ADB folder press shift + right click and click on open command here.
5. Reboot your OnePlus 3 device into stock recovery mode.
6. Now from the main screen of the recovery, tap on the first option that says “Install update via ADB”.
7. Flash the OxygenOS Open Beta 8 on OnePlus 3 by typing below command
adb sideload update.zip
8. Now the update will start and this will take some time.
Method 2 For Rooted users with TWRP recovery – Update OnePlus 3 with Android 7 Nougat
2. Download the Open Beta 8 Full ROM zip from above and save the zip file on your phone internal memory.
3. Now Boot your phone into TWRP Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down + Power Button”
4. Take a full Nandroid backup.
5. After that. Select Wipe > Advance Wipe and Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6. Now go back and tap on the Install Option. Locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file.
7. Reboot to system.
That’s it. Now your Oneplus 3 is running on the Official Android 4 Nougat. Let us know if you have any questions by comment below.