Are you the owner of the ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2 and now looking for an easy guide to Root ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2 & Install TWRP Custom Recovery? Then today you are at the right place here we will show you how to install TWRP on ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2 and ROOT the phone with Magisk manager. But first you have to unlock the bootloader of your phone, you can check our guide Unlock Bootloader of ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2 here. Once the bootloader is unlocked you can easily root your phone with the help of the custom TWRP recovery.
This guide is only for the ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2 users and doesn’t apply this guide on any other ASUS phone. First, you have to install the TWRP recovery on your phone with the help of the fastboot commands and after that, you have to install the Magisk Manager zip file to get the root access on the ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2. The process is very simple and all it takes five to ten minutes to complete the whole process.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Root ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2 & Install TWRP Custom Recovery
- 2 Download File To Root the Redmi Note 6 Pro
How to Root ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2 & Install TWRP Custom Recovery
Warning: Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking bootloader.
The rooting process is not that easy, it takes some and some patience. So read all the steps very carefully and follow all of them one by one. One wrong step and you will brick the phone.
Why Root ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2
With the help of rooting you will do lots of things on your device like Install Custom Roms, improves the battery performance of your device, remove unwanted system applications, install tweaks and other modification on your device easily and enjoy a lot of free rooted application on your device.
In simple word, we can say rooting gives you the administrator-level permissions on your device and customize your device as per your need which is impossible for a normal android. Check out some other benefits of Rooting the Android phone.
Pre-Requirements to ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2
2. Enable USB debugging on your Android device. To do this go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
Now go back to settings -> Developer Options -> Enable the USB Debugging.
3. Install ASUS USB drivers, tutorial: Download ASUS USB Drivers For Windows
Download File To Root the Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Download the ADB drivers here. Unzip the folder on your Windows C Drive. (C:\platform-tools). And you will see the PlatForm folder on your Windows C Drive.
- Download the Decrypt.zip and save the file on Desktop.
- Download the TWRP image file here. And save the file in the platform-tools folder
- Download the Magisk manager zip here to root the phone. Save the zip file in the phone’s internal memory
Install TWRP on the Redmi Note 6 Pro
1. Boot your phone in the fastboot mode. To do this first switch off your phone and Hold Volume Up + power on at the same time.
2. Now your phone will boot in the fastboot mode. Connect your phone to the PC with USB cable.
3. Now open the command prompt window in the Platform ADB folder by Pressing Shift Button and Select Open Command Window Here.
4. Now the command prompt windows will open on your windows desktop. And enter the following command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery-X01BD.img
6. TWRP recovery is successfully installed on your phone. Now time to boot in TWRP mode.
7. Now press the Volume Down + Power button to boot your phone in TWRP mode. And it will ask you for the password.
8. Tap on the cancel button, go to wipe > Format Data only.
9. Reboot to recovery and connect your phone the PC and save the Decrypt.zip on your phone.
10. Now tap on the install Button and install the Decrypt.zip file.
11. Now you are done. Reboot System.
How to Root ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2 phone
1. Boot your phone TWRP mode and save the magisk zip file on your phone.
2. Tap on the install button from recovery to root the phone.
3. Now from the next page choose the magsik zip file.
4. Now to flash the file, “Swipe to Confirm Flash”
5. Once the Zip file is successfully installed on your phone. Reboot System.
Now Your ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2 is rooted and TWRP is installed.
Video: Install TWRP on ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2
Direct Link to YouTube Video
If you have any question about the guide or facing some problem during the process then leave the comments below, and we will help you to fix it up.