Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ users recently received the Android OREO update, which comes with lots of bug fixes and new features. If you recently update your Galaxy S8/S8+ with the latest build of OREO and now you want to Root Galaxy S8/S8+ and Install TWRP After Oreo Update. Here is the guide which you can follow on your Galaxy S8/S8+ and get the root access on your phone. All you have to install the TWRP recovery with the helo fo the ODIN tool and after that, you need to flash one zip file with the help of recovery to Galaxy S8/S8+. Once the phone is rooted you can use Magisk module or any other mod on your phone. And that will help you to customize your phone as per your need.
This guide is only for the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Exynos models. And don’t try this method on any other Samsung phones, otherwise, you will brick your p[hone. And yes do take the full backup of your phone before following this guide. This process will delete all the data from the phone. So backup is the must.
Table of Contents
How to Root Galaxy S8/S8+ and Install TWRP
Read all the steps very carefully and follow all the steps one by one on your phone. Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking the bootloader.
Prerequisites to root Galaxy S8/S8+ on Oreo
1. Check Your phone model first. This method is only for Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+ with Exynos models only. Do not try them on the Snapdragon variants.
2. Enable Developer Option. Go to Settings – About Phone – Software Information – Tap On Build Number 7 Times.
3. “Enable OEM Unlock” from Developer Options before you proceed. This is important!
4. Install Samsung Drivers on your PC.
5. Original Samsung USB Type-C Cable.
6. Fully charge your device or above 70% Battery.
Download Files to Root Galaxy S8/S8+ and Install TWRP
- Download TWRP for Galaxy S8 here
- Download TWRP for Galaxy S8+ here
- Download Prince Comsy Odin Flash tool here
- Download Magisk manager Zip file here
How to Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
1. First, boot your Galaxy S8/S8+ in Download Mode. To do this turn off your device completely and then press and hold Power button + Volume Down + Home keys for a few seconds.
2. Once your Phone in download mode. Connect it to the PC with USB Type-C Cable.
3. Now go to your PC and run the Prince Comsy Odin Flash tool. Now in the Tool, you will see your phone connected with Blue bar.
4. Now in the ODIN tool, click on the AP button and select the TWRP file that you saved on your PC. And press the START button.
5. Once you get a PASS! message in the Log tab, TWRP is installed.
6. Now boot your phone in TWRP mode. Press the VOLUME UP, BIXBY KEY, and POWER BUTTON at the same time until device boots into TWRP recovery.
7. Now allow the modifications and go to WIPE option. And Choose FORMAT DATA – Type yes – ENTER.
8. Just Reboot Once Into Recovery mode.
9. Now the TWRP is installed. Reboot System Now.
Now to root the phone follow the below process.
Video Guide to Install TWRP on Galaxy S8/S8+
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
1. Save the Magisk Manager Zip file on your phone’s internal memory.
2. Once the file is saved. Boot your phone IN TWRP recovery mode.
3. Once you are on TWRP recovery mode. Go to install and Located the magisk file that you saved on your phone. Flash it.
4. Once the file is flashed. Reboot System
Now the TWRP is installed and you successfully rooted the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ on OREO update.
Via – XDA