If you are the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL user and want to know the easiest method to Root Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. Then you are at the right place. today in this tutorial we are going to show you how can Root Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL with the help of Magisk Manager. The best part of this guide is that after rooting your Pixel 2 you can play Pokemon, Use Android Pay, and enjoy all the things that other root methods typically break. If you want to know more about the Magisk Rooting method, then check out our guide here and learn about the Magisk Root Features.
Once you successfully root pixel 2 you can easily install Pixel 2 ROM on your phone with the help of TWRP, Add lots of other mods on your phone and customize the looks of your pixel 2. Rooting has so many benefits you can check out some of them here.
In this guide first we have to unlock the bootloader of the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 xl, and after that, we need to install the TWRP and flash the MAgisk Manager zip file to get the root access on the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. Unlocking process will delete all the data from your phone, so do take the full backup of your Pixel 2 phone. So let’s get started and root Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL.
How to Root Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL With TWRP
Before following this guide unlock the bootloader of Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL here. If you already did that, then go to the next step.
Read all the steps very carefully and follow all of them one by one on your phone.
Download files to Root Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
- Download ADB and Fastboot files here and install the same on your windows Desktop. Now you will see the ADB folder on your Window System C Drive.
- Download the Magisk Manager Zip file here and save it to your desktop.
- Download the TWRP img file for Pixel 2 here
- Download the TWRP Zip file of Pixel 2 here
- Download the TWRP img file for Pixel 2 XL here
- Download the TWRP zip file for the Pixel 2 XL here
Steps to Root the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
1. On your phone, open Settings, navigate to System then About phone, and tap on the build number seven times.
2. The Developer Options will now be visible in the main settings page. Enter it and turn on USB debugging and OEM unlocking.
3. Now copy the Magisk Manager zip file and TWRP zip file on your phones internal memory.
4. Now go the ADB folder on windows C drive and paste the TWRP img file in the folder. And rename the File to pixeltwrp.img
5. Now boot your phone in fastboot mode. To do this first turn of your phone and Hold the Volume Down + Power for few seconds.
6. Your phone will reboot in fastboot mode. Connect the Pixel phone to the PC with USB cable.
7. Go back to the ADB folder and open the command prompt window there. Press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder and select ‘Open command window here.’
8. Enter the following command to boot your phone in TWRP.
fastboot boot pixeltwrp.img
9. Your phone will boot in the TWRP mode. Here tap on the Install Option and Flash the TWRP zip file first and after that flash the Magisk Manager zip file.
10. Once both the zip files are flashed on your Pixel 2 phone. Reboot System.
Vila, Now your Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL is rooted with Magisk Manager. If you are facing some problem with this guide or have any doubts, then leave a comment below and we will help you to fix it up.
Via – XDA