How to systemless root your Google Pixel and Pixel XL on Android 8.0 Oreo? If you recently updated your Google Pixel phone with the latest Android 8.0 Oreo and looking for a way to get the system less root access on your phone. The here is a full working guide which you can use on your phone and Root Google Pixel XL & Pixel. All you have to download some files on your Pixel phone and windows PC and you are done.
This is the systemless root method. It doesn’t add or modify files in the /system partition. That means it’s much easier to unroot your phone, and you will get the OTA updates too. Not only this you can also run the Android Pay and Netflix on your rooted pixel phone.
Let me explain it to your clearly what systemless root is? Normal rooting requires a modification to the system partition, which causes things that run verifications on the system partition (like Android pay) to stop working. Systemless root avoids this issue as no modifications are made to that partition.
Guide to Root Google Pixel XL & Pixel on Android Oreo
To Root Google Pixel XL & Pixel you need a Windows PC and Adb driver installed on your desktop. The process is a little bit longer but not so difficult. Read all the steps very carefully and follow all the steps on by one on your phone. Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking the bootloader.
Prerequisite to Root Pixel
- Install the ADB and Fastboot Drivers from here and this will create an ADB folder on your windows C drive (C:/ADB)
- Do take the Full backup of your phone.
- Make sure that your phone is fully charged or Above 70% battery
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock option. First enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times. Now go back to System Settings » Developer options menu. Enable OEM Unlock and Enable USB Debugging.
Download Files to Root Google Pixel XL & Pixel
- Download the modded TWRP for Pixel and Pixel XL here. And rename the file to TWRP.img
- Download Super Su zip file here and save the zip file on your phone’s internal memory.
- Download SuperSu Config zip file here and save the zip file on your phone’s internal memory.
- Download SuHide zip file here and save the zip file on your phone’s internal memory.
Step to Root Google Pixel XL
1. First, unlock the bootloader of your Pixel phone. Check this guide to unlock pixel. If you already did that then go to the next step.
2. Now open the ADB folder and paste the TWRP file that you downloaded and renamed from above mention links.
3. Now save all the three rooting zip files on your phone which you downloaded from above.
4. In the ADB folder press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder and select ‘Open command window here’.
5. Now boot your pixel phone in fastboot mode. To do this first switch off your phone and Hold Volume Down + Power button.
6. Once your phone is in fastboot mode, connect your phone to the PC with USB cable.
7. Now in the command prompt windows enter the following command to boot your phone in TWRP mode.
fastboot boot TWRP.img
8. Once your phone in TWRP mode. Tap on Install and Select the SuperSu Config zip file, then choose to Add more zips. Choose SuperSU and Swipe to Flash.
9. Now the Aroma installer for SuperSuConfig will open on your phone, choose Systemless SBIN. And for all other options, Choose let SuperSu decide.
10. Once both the files are flashed. Go back and select the SUHide zip file and flash it.
11. Reboot system. And the phone will boot and the first boot will take some time.
Video to Root Google Pixel
Now the Google Pixel and Pixel XL is rooted successfully. So this is the easiest way to Root Google Pixel XL & Pixel on Android 8.0 Oreo. If you have any doubt or question then leave the comment below.
Source – XDA