Google Pixel and Pixel XL comes with the late4st version of Android 7 nougat, not only this the new phone comes with lots of new features which you will enjoy on the latest Google Phones. A few months back there are rumors that Pixel phones are might not be easy to root and not event possible to unlock the bootloader. But now the news is coming that Google officially confirmed that both Pixel and Pixel XL will be unlockable and will ship with a bootloader. So it will easy to get the root access on the latest pixel phones.
Rooting a phone lets you take more control on your system, you can install rooted apps, install Custom ROM, and make a lot of changes on your system. The best way to Root Google Pixel and Pixel XL are with the help of Magisk App. The app gives you the ability to disable root on-the-fly so you can use Android Pay or play Pokemon Go while rooted. To root your device all you need a phone with unlocked bootloader and with custom TWRP recovery.
Here in this tutorial, we will show you how to root Google Pixel and Pixel XL with Magisk systemless root. Before following the guide make sure you take the backup of your file and save them on some safe place. Warning: Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process.
How to Root Google Pixel and Pixel XL
1. Download these three files on your phone.
Download the latest Magisk zip file
Download phh’s SuperUser (.zip)
Download Magisk Manager v2.0 (.apk)
2. Transfer the latest Magisk zip file to your Pixel phone and remember the location of the file.
3. Boot your Pixel phone into TWRP recovery, tap the Install button and flash the Magisk zip file file from there. Reboot your device.
4. Once the phone is booted, transfer the phh’s SuperUser .zip file to your Pixel phone and remember the location of the file.
5. Now Boot your Pixel phone into TWRP recovery, tap the Install button and flash the phh’s SuperUser .zip file from there.
6. Once the phh’s SuperUser .zip file is successfully flashed on your Pixel phone, reboot your device.
7. Download and Install phh’s SuperUser app from the Play Store.
8. Install the Magisk Manager .apk file (download link above) on your phone.
That’s all. Enjoy systemless root with Magisk on your new Google Pixel or Pixel XL phone.
2 thoughts on “Root Google Pixel and Pixel XL with Magisk App”
Can this be done yet considering twrp hasn’t been released for this phone
Just one question: Can not find TWRP for Pixel.
Comments are closed.