Recently Xiaomi released the new Android 8.0 Oreo update for the MI A1 users. After that so many our readers contacted us and asked a question to us that how to Root Mi A1 Oreo Without Disabling OTA Updates. Yes, its possible and you can root Mi A1 AndroidOne on Android 8.0 Oreo with the help of Magisk Manager. With this rooting method, you can install the OTA updates on your phone without losing the data from the phones. Rooting has it’s own advantages and disadvantages, check out some of the benefits to Root Mi A1 Oreo here. In most of the method to Root the phone you need to install the Custom TWRP recovery, but after that, you will not receive the OTA updates on your phone. So here we are sharing a new root guide for the Mi A1 users, which they can use on their phone and Root Mi A1 Oreo Without Disabling OTA Updates.
This guide is only for the Mi A1 users running the latest version of Android 8.0 Oreo update. Don’t follow this guide on any other xiaomi phones. All you have to unlock the bootloader of MI A1 and Run some ADB commands on your phone to install the Magisk root application. The process is straightforward and all it will take ten to fifteen minutes to Root the Xiaomi Mi A1 android One phone. This method will not delete any data on your phone and no need to install the Custom recovery on your Mi A1.
How to Root Mi A1 Oreo phone
To get started you have to unlock Mi A1 bootloader. Here is the guide to unlock the bootloader of the Mi A1 phone. Once you unlock the bootloader of your phone. Download the below-mentioned files on your PC and Phone. And follow the below mention steps one by one on your phone to get the root access on your phone.
So let’s get started and Root Mi A1 Oreo Without Disabling OTA Updates on the phone.
Download Files to Root the Xiaomi Mi A1 phone on OREO
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC from here. This will help you to run fastboot command from your windows PC.
- Download the Magisk manager apk here and save the apk file on your phone.
- Download the patched_boot.img.zip here and extract the folder on your desktop.
Now all the files are ready. Now time to root the phone.
Steps to Root Mi A1 with Magisk Manager
1. Enable USB debugging, and OEM unlock option. First enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2. Now go back to Settings » Developer options menu. Enable OEM Unlock and Enable USB Debugging.
3. Now open the ADB folder that you created while installing the ADB and Fastboot drivers. And copy the patched_boot.img file in the ADB folder.
4. Now copy the Magisk manager apk file on your Mi A1 phone internal memory.
5. Now in the ADB folder in which you patched_boot.img file saved press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder and select ‘Open command window here.’
6. Time to boot your phone in fastboot mode. To do this first turn of your phone and Now press and hold volume down+power button.
7. Once your phone in fastboot mode. Connect it to the PC with USB cable.
8. Now in the command prompt window enter the following command to boot your phone in the patched boot image.
fastboot boot patched_boot.img
9. Now your phone will reboot. Now open the file manager and install the Magisk manager apk file on your phone.
10. Once the application is installed on your phone. Open the Magisk manager app and tap the Install Button and install magisk installer using direct method.
11. Once the magisk files are flashed on the phone. Select Reboot.
12. Now your Mi A1 will reboot. And the phone is successfully rooted.
Video Guide to ROOT Mi A1
Direct link of YouTube Video
This is the easiest way to root the Mi A1 phone on Android 8.0 Oreo. If you have any question or facing some problem with the tutorial, then leave the comments below. We will help you to fix it up.
via – XDA