Here is the 100% working guide to Root OnePlus 6 and Install TWRP Recovery. Oneplus Released the new Oneplus 6 Android smartphone. And the sale of the new smartphone will begin in a few days. The device is a big upgrade over the predecessor OnePlus 5T. The most striking change in the phone is iPhone X Style top notch and also a Gorilla Glass 5 back panel. Specs wise the phone has some decent specs and packed with the Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor. A dual-camera setup which is a combination of 20-megapixel and 16-megapixel sensors runs on OxygenOS 5.1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo and powered with 3,300mAh battery along with support for the company’s Dash Charge.
But here we are not for the discussion and specs of the Oneplus 6 android phone, here we will discuss how to Root the Oneplus 6 phone and install the TWRP custom recovery. To root any Android smartphone, first, you have to unlock the bootloader of the phone. By unlocking the bootloader of the phone you have the full control of the system.
Here is the step by step guide to unlock the bootloader of the Oneplus 6 phone. First, unlock the bootloader of your phone and after that, you need to flash the TWRP recovery on your device with fastboot commands and install Magisk Manager or SuperSu root manager to get the root access. Once the Oneplus 6 is rooted you can enjoy lots of custom ROM on your device and customize your phone easily. So let’s get started and Root Oneplus 6 With TWRP recovery.
Table of Contents
How to Root Oneplus 3 and Install TWRP
Warning: Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking bootloader.
The rooting process is not that easy. And the wholes process will take some time, read all the steps very carefully and follow all of them one by one. One wrong step and you will brick the phone.
Why To Root Oneplus 6
With the help of rooting you will do lots of things on your device like Install Custom Roms, improves the battery performance of your device, remove unwanted system applications, install tweaks and other modification on your device easily and enjoy a lot of free rooted application on your device.
In simple word, we can say rooting gives you the administrator-level permissions on your device and customize your device as per your need which is impossible for a normal android. Check out some other benefits of Rooting the Android phone.
Pre-requirements To Root
- Make Sure bootloader is Unlocked of your Oneplus phone.
- Make sure that the battery of your Phone is above 70%.
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise, you will end up with a bricked phone.
- Do take the full backup of your Oneplus 6 Android phone.
Download File To Root the OnePlus 6
- Download the TWRP image here and save the file on your desktop.
- Download the ADB drivers here. Unzip the folder on your Windows C Drive. (C:\platform-tools). And you will see the PlatForm folder on your Windows C Drive.
- Download the Magisk manager zip here or SuperSU zip file to root the phone.
Install TWRP on OnePlus 6 Android
1. First of all, enable the Developer Option on Yiour Oneplus 6 phone. To do this go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
2. Now go back to settings -> Enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging. See the screenshot below.
3. Now open the Platform folder on your desktop and paste the TWRP recovery file in the folder. And Rename the recovery file to recovery.img
4. Now Reboot your phone to fastboot mode. To do this first switch off your Oneplus 6 phone and Hold volume up + power on at the same time.
5. Once your Oneplus 6 in fastboot mode. Connect your phone to the Windows PC with the USB cable.
6. Now open the command prompt window in the Platform ADB folder by Pressing Shift Button and Select Open Command Window Here.
7. Now the command prompt windows will open on your windows desktop.
8. Now enter the following command to check the connection between PC and USB.
9. Now Use this command for Flash TWRP recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
This will flash the TWRP on your phone.
10. Once the TWRP is flashed. Reboot your phone.
That’s it, You have successfully installed TWRP recovery in Oneplus 6 phone.
Guide to Root the OnePlus 6 Smartphone
1. Save the magisk manager zip or SuperSU zip file on your phone’s internal memory. We reccommned you to use the Magisk file.
2. Now boot your phone in TWRP recovery mode. To do this first turn off your phone. Now Hold Volume Down + Power button together.
3. Once your phone booted in TWRP mode. Tap on the Install option to flash the magisk root or Super Su file.
4. Select the magisk manager zip file and Swipe the button to confirm the installation process. Now the flashing process will start on your device.
5. That’s it… You have successfully rooted OnePlus 6 without PC. Now tap reboot system.
So with this way, you easily Oneplus 6 phone and Install TWRP Recovery. If you are facing some trouble with this guide them leave the comments below and we will help you to fix it up.