So today in this guide we will show how you can easily Root OnePlus 8 Pro. If you are the oneplus 8 pro user and looking for a tutorial to get the root access on your new Oneplus 8 pro then this guide is for you. To root any device first you have to unlock the bootloader of the phone and install Custom TWRP recovery on the phone. Check out our guide here to Unlock OnePlus 8 Pro and Install TWRP on Oneplus 8 Pro. Once the device is rooted you can do lots of things like install rooted apps, add some magisk mods and lots of other things. Check out some of the benefits of rooting here.
Now the rooting procedure is simple and 10 minutes task, thanks to OnePlus being straightforward. You do not need to get your hands in a lot of different places. As long as you are following the below mention tutorial. Here you will get all the files and commands to get the root access on your new device.
Before starting the rooting process on your Oneplus 8 Pro, do take the full backup of the phone and save it in some safe place. And yes read all the instructions very carefully and follow all the steps one by one on your device. So, without wasting more time, we would like to get straight to the process.
Installing TWRP custom recovery on OnePlus 8 Pro requires an unlock bootloader, which may void the warranty and will wipe all the data from your phone. So do take the full back up of your phone.
Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking bootloader.
Table of Contents
Requirements to Root
- Make sure its battery is at least 60%.
- Orginal USB data cable to connect your phone with PC
- A Windows-based computer. To run some fastboot commands.
- ADB Fastboot Drivers and Android Platform Tools.
- Unlock the bootloader on your phone by following this guide
- Install TWRP custom recovery on your phone
- Download Magisk Manager zip file here to get the root access and save the zip file on your phone internal memory.
Steps to Root the Oneplus 8 Pro
1. First, boot your phone in fastboot mode. To do this Open the platform-tool folder that you downloaded from the above. Now Open the command prompt window in this folder. To do so, hold the Shift key and right-click in an empty location inside the platform-tools folder and select Open PowerShell window here or Open the command prompt window.
2. Now time to boot the phone is fastboot mode. Connect your phone to the PC.
3. In the command prompt window run the following command to boot your phone in fastboot mode.
adb reboot loader
4. Now your phone will boot in the fastboot mode. Now in the fastboot mode, press the volume button until your “Recovery Mode” Written on the top. Now press the Power Button to Reboot on Recovery mode.
5. Now you phone will boot in custom TWRP recovery mode. From here search for the Magisk Manager zip file that you saved on your phone. Select the file and Swipe to Confirm Flash.
6. Once the Zip file is successfully flashed on your phone. Reboot System
7. That’s it now the magisk manager is successfully flashed on your phone and your Oneplus 8 Por is rooted.
Video: Root Oneplus 8 Pro
Direct Link to YouTube Video
If you have any questions regarding this guide or facing some problem, then leave the comment below, and we will help you to fix it up.