OnePlus Nord is the latest Smartphone from Oneplus Mobile. and here in this post, we will discuss how to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus Nord and Root OnePlus Nord with the help of a magisk manager. Few Days back we posted about how to install TWRP and Root OnePlus 8 and Oneplus 8 pro. So now here we are again with the new guide to root the OnePlus Nord and Unlock bootloader. OnePlus Nord comes with Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G, 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM variants, Fluid AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, and Non-removable Li-Po 4115 mAh battery.
To root OnePlus Nord androdi phone, first, we have to unlock the bootloader of the phone and after that, we need a PC to run some fastboot command to get the root access on the devices. Below you will find all the steps and all the download links of the files, which will help you to Unlock Bootloader and Root OnePlus Nord with Magisk.
But before starting the rooting and unlocking process on OnePlus Nord, Do take the full backup of your phone. Unlock bootloader will wipe all the data from your phone, so make sure to save all the important files on your PC or SD card. And read all the steps very carefully and follow all of them one by one on your OnePlus Nord. So let’s get started and Root the new OnePlus Nord Android smartphone.
Pre-Requisites to Unlock and Root OnePlus Nord
- Make sure its battery is at least 60%.
- Orginal USB data cable to connect your phone with PC
- A Windows-based computer. To run some fastboot commands.
- ADB Fastboot Drivers and Android Platform Tools.
Unlock Bootloader OnePlus Nord
1. First of all, you need to unlock developer options. You can do so in Settings and go to About Phone. Then tap on Build Number 7 times. You should get a message that you’re now a developer.
2. Now go to the Developer option from settings and Enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking from the developer options.
3. Connect your Oneplus Nord with PC using a USB cable. you might get a USB Debugging Authorization popup. Tap on “Allow”.
4. Open the platform-tool folder that you downloaded from the above. Now Open the command prompt window in this folder. To do so, hold the Shift key and right-click in an empty location inside the platform-tools folder and select Open PowerShell window here or Open the command prompt window.
5. Now in the command prompt window run the following command to boot your phone in fast boot mode.
adb reboot loader
6. Once your phone in fastboot mode. Enter the below code to unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 8 or 8 Pro.
fastboot oem unlock
7. You will see a confirmation message on your device. Use the Volume keys to select the “Unlock the Bootloader” option and then hit the power key to confirm the decision.
8. Now the bootloader of your phone is unlocked. And now your phone will reboot and you will see the Unlock warning on your screen (Ignore that warning).
Root OnePlus Nord
1. Download Magisk Manager Apk file here, and install the same on your phone.
2. Download the extracted boot.img for your build form here.
3. Now open the Magisk manager app on your phone. Click on Install, Choose “Select and patch a file”, Select your stock boot.img (That you download on step 2)
4. Once Magisk Manager has finished patching the boot.img file you downloaded, the patched file will be available in your phone’s Downloads folder.
5. Copy that patched boot.img (which should be named magisk_patched.img) to your computer.
6. Boot your phone in fastboot mode again (See the Unlock Bootloader steps above how to do that)
7. Once your phone in fastboot mode. Open the command prompt windows on PC and Connect the phone with PC.
8. Type fastboot getvar current-slot and press Enter.
- If the output is a, type “fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img” and press Enter.
- If the output is b, type “fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched.img” and press Enter.
9. After that, Reboot to OxygenOS and open Magisk Manager – it should now indicate your phone is rooted.
So this way you can easily Unlock the bootloader of Oneplus NORD and ROOT the Oneplus Nord with magisk manager. If you have any questions regarding this guide or facing some problem, then leave the comment below, and we will help you to fix it up.