Are you the owner of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon Indian version and want to know how to Root Redmi Note 4 with the help of TWRP custom Recovery? Yes, now it’s possible. The official TWRP recovery is available for the Redmi Note 4, and you can easily root Norte 4 and enjoy all the benefits of rooting on your phone. There is so many guides are available on the net like how to root redmi note 4 without PC, root redmi note 4 snapdragon but most of them outdated and most of them are not working, and the phone goes on the bootloop. Once the phones is rooted, you can enjoy custom ROMS on your phone, install Rooted apps and also improve the performance of your Note 4 with some rooted tweaks.
Now that you have finally decided to Root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Let me help you on this and show you how to get the root access on your phone. The first and most important step you have to do is unlock the bootloader of your Redmi Note 4. After you have to install the TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 4 with the help of ADB commands and after that you have to flash two zip file (Lazy Flasher and Supersu zip) to root your phone. All the steps and download link are mentions in this post. Read all of them carefully and follow all of them one by one on your phone.
Why to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
As we already mention above that to install custom ROM and install some mods to improve the performance of your phone you need to root your phone. If you’re not aware of the term Rooting, you can read everything about Android rooting.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Redmi Note 4
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver. And you will see the ADB folder on your Windows C Drive (C:/ADB)
- You need to Unlock your Phone’s Bootloader. Check out How to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 4.
- TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 4 SD Mido – Download
- LazyFlasher for Redmi Note 4 – Download
- Download SuperSu to root the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and copy it to your phone sd card.
Install TWRP reocvery and Root Redmi Note 4
1. First you need to unlock bootloader of your device. Read this guide how to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Phones. And after that you have to install the TWRP custom Reocvery on your phone to root the android phone. If you already done that then go to the Step 2.
2. Now download the TWRP recovery for the Note 4 from the above mention link and rename the file to recovery.img and place it in the ADB folder that you created at the time of installing ADB and fastboot drivers.
Also, save the Lazy flasher Zip and Super Su zip file on your phone’s internal memory and remember the location.
3. Now coonect your Note 4 to the PC wiht USB cable and enabling USB Debugging (Go to Settings > About Device > Tap on Build Number 7 times. Return to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB Debugging)
4. Now in the ADB folder and open the command window. To do this press and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
5. Now it’s time to boot the Redmi Note 4 in Bootloader mode. To do this enter the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
5. Your phone is fastboot mode now. Enter the following command to check that your device properly connected. If you see some serial number on the windows, that means your phone is connected in fastboot mode.
6. Now time to flash the TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 4. Enter the command and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7. Now the TWRP recovery is installed on Your phone. Boot your phone in recovery mode. To do this Hold Power +Vol up. Now select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allows modification.
8. Now you will need to install lazy flasher zip file that you saved to your phone in step 2. Tap on the Install Option and select the lazy flasher zip file that you saved on your Note 4 and Swipe to flash Lazy flasher. (If internal memory does not show up then Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes”)
9. After that flash the SuperSu zip file to root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
10. After the installation is completed, Clear Dalvik cache and Cache. Now reboot your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
Now you have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with the latest SuperSU zip file, and latest TWRP recovery is flashed on your phone. If you have any questions, then comment below.
2 thoughts on “How to Root Redmi Note 4 With TWRP Custom Recovery”
Thanks for sharing this methods. I have successfully rooted my redmi note 4 with this method.
Thank you. It worked.
Comments are closed.