If you recently updated your Redmi Note 5 Pro with the Latest MIUI 10 and want to Root Redmi Note 5 Pro on MIUI 10. Yes, you can do this easily with the help fo the TWRP custom Recovery and Magisk Root manager. Here in this guide, we will help you to get the root access on the Redmi Note 5 Pro. Recently Xiaomi introduced the Anti-roll-back feature on the MIUI 10 Redmi Note 5 pro, which means that Note 5 Pro users can’t install TWRP ad downgrade the phone to MIUI 9. Many users tried to downgrade the Note 5 pro to MIUI 9 and most of them Bricked the Redmi Note 5 pro.
So right now downgrade is impossible in Note 5 pro, but you can install the TWRP with some simple trick. The OLD method will not work on the MIUI 10, because Xiaomi blocked some fastboot commands on the Redmi Note 5 pro due to Anti Roll-back feature. But with flashing one simple file on your phone you can unlock all the Fastboot commands on your phone. After that, you can easily install the TWRP on your Redmi Note 5 Pro and install the Magisk Root Manager on your phone.
Below are the working instructions to Root Redmi Note 5 Pro on MIUI 10 with TWRP. Here we are posting an easy and working method to root the Note 5 pro. First, we have to install TWRP and after that, you have to flash the magisk file and you are done. The process is a little bit longer but one of the best way to root the phone. So read all the steps very carefully and follow all of them one by one on your phone.
Guide to Root Redmi Note 5 Pro on MIUI 10
Warning: Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking bootloader.
The rooting process is not that easy, it takes some and some patience. So read all the steps very carefully and follow all of them one by one. One wrong step and you will brick the phone.
Why To Root Redmi Note 5 Pro
With the help of rooting you will do lots of things on your device like Install Custom Roms, improves the battery performance of your device, remove unwanted system applications, install tweaks and other modification on your device easily and enjoy a lot of free rooted application on your device.
In simple word, we can say rooting gives you the administrator-level permissions on your device and customize your device as per your need which is impossible for a normal android. Check out some other benefits of Rooting the Android phone.
Pre-Requirements to Root Redmi Note 5 Pro
2. Enable USB debugging on your Android device. To do this go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the MIUI version 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
Now go back to settings -> Additional Settings -> Developer Options -> Enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging. See the screenshot below.
3. Install Xiaomi USB drivers, tutorial: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers For Windows
How to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 5 Pro
Unlocking bootloader of the phone is not a difficult task all you have to download Mi Unlock Tool and you can easily unlock your phone.
Once the bootloader of the phone is unlocked you can easily root the phone. Follow the below mention guide to Root the device.
Download File To Root the Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Download the ADB drivers here. Unzip the folder on your Windows C Drive. (C:\platform-tools). And you will see the PlatForm folder on your Windows C Drive.
- Download the dummy.img file here and save the file on your platform tool folder.
- Download the TWRP image file here. And save the file in the platform-tools folder
- Download the Magisk manager zip here to root the phone. Save the zip file in the phone’s internal memory
Install TWRP on the Redmi Note 5 Pro
1. Boot your phone in the fastboot mode. To do this first switch off your phone and Hold volume down + power on at the same time.
2. Now your phone will boot in the fastboot mode. Connect your phone to the PC with USB cable.
3. Now open the command prompt window in the Platform ADB folder by Pressing Shift Button and Select Open Command Window Here.
4. Now the command prompt windows will open on your windows desktop. And enter the following command.
fastboot flash antirbpass dummy.img
5. Now you can flash the TWRP on the phone. Enter the following command.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.2-0-whyred.img
6. TWRP recovery is successfully installed on your phone. Now time to boot in TWRP mode. Run the following command.
fastboot boot twrp-3.2.2-0-whyred.img
7. Now the phone is booted in the TWRP mode. Follow the below mentioned steps to Root Redmi Note 5 Pro.
How to Root Redmi Note 5 Pro on MIUI 10
1. Now Your phone is the TWRP mode and the magisk zip file is saved on your phone.
2. Tap on the install button from recovery to root the phone.
3. Now from the next page choose the magsik zip file.
4. Now to flash the file, “Swipe to Confirm Flash”
5. Once the Zip file is successfully installed on your phone. Reboot System.
Now Your Redmi Note 5 Pro is rooted and TWRP is installed.
Video: Root Redmi NNnote 5 Pro
Direct Link to YouTube Video
Hope this helps you to root your phone. If you are facing some problem with this guide then leave the comment below and we will help you to fix it up.