Today in this guide we will show you how to Root Xiaomi Mi 8, Mi 8 SE and install TWRP Recovery. Both Xiaomi Mi 8, Mi 8 SE is the latest flagship phones form Xiomi mobiles. Both these phones come with some awesome feature and specs. Xiaomi Mi 8, Mi 8 SE are the first smartphones from the company to feature a notch-style display. Mi 8 is powered by Qualcomm’s latest flagship processor, which is the Snapdragon 845. Mi 8 SE is powered by the newly announced Snapdragon 710 mobile platform. As looks wise both the devices look so fabulous and many Xiaomi users already bought these devices and some of them already pre-booked it.
But here we are not comparing these devices or reviewing the phones. Today here we will discuss how to get the roots access in the phone and install the custom TWRP recovery. To Root any Xiaomi phone first you have to unlock the bootloader oh the phone. After that, you can install TWRP on the phone with the help of the TWRP recovery. But this process will delete all the data from your devices. So do take the Full backup of your device and save it in some safe place. So if you want to Root Xiaomi Mi 8, Mi 8 SE and Install TWRP Recovery then follow the below mentioned guide.
This tutorial is only for the Xiaomi Mi 8, Mi 8 SE users and don’t apply this method on any other phones, otherwise, you will brick your phone. Read all the steps very carefully and follow all the steps one by one on your phone. So let’s get started and Root Xiaomi Mi 8, Mi 8 SE and Install TWRP Recovery.
Table of Contents
Guide to Root Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi 8 SE
Warning: Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking bootloader.
The rooting process is not that easy, it takes some and some patience. So read all the steps very carefully and follow all of them one by one. One wrong step and you will brick the phone.
Why To Root Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi 8 E
With the help of rooting you will do lots of things on your device like Install Custom Roms, improves the battery performance of your device, remove unwanted system applications, install tweaks and other modification on your device easily and enjoy a lot of free rooted application on your device.
In simple word, we can say rooting gives you the administrator-level permissions on your device and customize your device as per your need which is impossible for a normal android. Check out some other benefits of Rooting the Android phone.
Pre-Requirements to Root Mi 8 and Mi 8 SE
2. Enable USB debugging on your Android device. To do this go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the MIUI version 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
Now go back to settings -> Additional Settings -> Developer Options -> Enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging. See the screenshot below.
3. Install Xiaomi USB drivers, tutorial: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers For Windows
How to Unlock Bootloader
Unlocking bootloader of the phone is not a difficult task all you have to download Mi Unlock Tool and you can easily unlock your phone.
Once the bootloader of the phone is unlocked you can easily root the phone. Follow the below mention guide to Root the device.
Download File To Root MI8 and Mi 8 SE
- Download the ADB drivers here. Unzip the folder on your Windows C Drive. (C:\platform-tools). And you will see the PlatForm folder on your Windows C Drive.
- Download the TWRP image for MI 8 here and save the file on your platform tool folder. Rename the Wile to twrp.img.
- Download the TWRP image For MI 8 SE here. And save the file in the platform-tools folder. Rename the Wile to twrp.img.
- Download the Magisk manager zip here to root the phone. Save the zip file in the phone’s internal memory
Install TWRP on Mi 8 and Mi 8 SE
1. Boot your phone in the fastboot mode. To do this first switch off your phone and Hold volume down + power on at the same time.
2. Now your phone will boot in the fastboot mode. Connect your phone to the PC with USB cable.
3. Now open the command prompt window in the Platform ADB folder by Pressing Shift Button and Select Open Command Window Here.
4. Now to flash the TWRP on the phone. Enter the following command.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
6. TWRP recovery is successfully installed on your phone. Now time to boot in TWRP mode. Run the following command.
fastboot boot twrp.img
7. Now the phone is booted in the TWRP mode. Follow the below mentioned steps to Root Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Video: How to Install TWRP
How to Root Mi 8 and Mi 8 SE
1. Now Your phone is the TWRP mode and the magisk zip file is saved on your phone.
2. Tap on the install button from recovery to root the phone.
3. Now from the next page choose the magsik zip file.
4. Now to flash the file, “Swipe to Confirm Flash”
5. Once the Zip file is successfully installed on your phone. Reboot System.
Now Your Redmi Note 5 Pro is rooted and TWRP is installed. Hope this helps you to root your phone. If you are facing some problem with this guide then leave the comment below and we will help you to fix it up.